NCAA Football Rule Changes

number1

NCAA Rule Changes

NCAA strengthens targeting rules, limits OTs

Joel Anderson
ESPN

The NCAA football rules committee has approved several rule change proposals for the 2019 season, including some that would strengthen targeting rules and another meant to limit the potential for too many overtimes.

The committee also approved a change to overtime, deciding that if a game reaches a fifth overtime, teams will no longer trade off starts at the opponent's 25-yard line. Instead, teams will run alternating two-point conversions until a winner is determined.
Also, a two-minute rest period will be added after the second and fourth overtimes.

Targeting rule is already bad. Hope they don’t mess it up more
They need to implement some type of offensive targeting mechanism.

No disrespect to my lil' cousin but he is nothing short of a mixture of Earl Campbell LOOKING to make head contact with a defender to run them over and stick his cleats in their chest-helmet-stomach-legs mixed in w/ deceptive speed of Tony Dorsett @ 5'9" and 220lbs. He never shys away from contact at the HS level and I sincerely HOPE his college coaches teach him not to do that anymore before he hurts some more kids, like he did several last fall and the year prior, if not hurt himself in the long run.

I personally don't like these long OT's unless a playoff game. If after 3 OT's, just state, ya'll both even and call it a Tie, and let everyone get back to the tailgate.

Back