NCAA Commish Makes Ridiculous Jack.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I was listening to sports talk radio yesterday and the general conversation was about the ruling in the Marice Clarett case and high schoolers being able to jump directly into the NFL as well as what the ruling may mean for universities. The implications were that it's only a matter of time before a college player files suit against the college sports system to get an increased cut of the college sports cash cow. In this conversation, one of the commentators said the NCAA Commish makes $900,000. :confused: Did I hear him correctly??? Can someone (ERRRRRRRRRRRR, Jafus(The Informer) ) confirm this before I blow a gasket? :|

Lets see,,, now you got the NCAA commish making $900,000, not to mention all of the other layers of administration. Where does all that jack come from?? You got coaches making 500,000-2M at div I-A, but that's not straight from athletics per se so,, no comment there. Now uuuuh,,,, how much does the average Prof. make at these universities?? And you mean to tell me that athletes get none of this jack except indirectly (and "scholarships")???? The NCAA and Universities (well, some) have got to be loving this setup. Something has got to give in this system. I don't see how it is going to continue on like this either.

Originally posted by Bartram
I was listening to sports talk radio yesterday and the general conversation was about the ruling in the Marice Clarett case and high schoolers being able to jump directly into the NFL as well as what the ruling may mean for universities. The implications were that it's only a matter of time before a college player files suit against the college sports system to get an increased cut of the college sports cash cow. In this conversation, one of the commentators said the NCAA Commish makes $900,000. :confused: Did I hear him correctly??? Can someone (ERRRRRRRRRRRR, Jafus(The Informer) ) confirm this before I blow a gasket? :|

Lets see,,, now you got the NCAA commish making $900,000, not to mention all of the other layers of administration. Where does all that jack come from?? You got coaches making 500,000-2M at div I-A, but that's not straight from athletics per se so,, no comment there. Now uuuuh,,,, how much does the average Prof. make at these universities?? And you mean to tell me that athletes get none of this jack except indirectly (and "scholarships")???? The NCAA and Universities (well, some) have got to be loving this setup. Something has got to give in this system. I don't see how it is going to continue on like this either.

If they want a job tell them to get in the work force, athletics is an extracurricular activity not a damn job, you don't have to do it and you sure as hell don't get fired from it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You do realize that the NCAA makes mad money from the NCAA tourney, and they rip off I-AA and D2 playoffs, just to name a few sources of revenue.

Would you wanna be in charge of a multi-million dollar organization and make only $90,000.00??? I wouldn't.

Bartram,

It is true. You would not want to read or hear about his other fringe benefits (that really bring it above the million dollar mark) and perks then, example personal jet and housing allowance. I also agree with Robber's comments.

Not only does the NCAA Commish make 900,000 in salary, that doesn't include the non-salaried compensation he (certainly) makes. He gets paid for everything. Speaking engagements, Athletic Conference Meetings, Presidents Council Meetings, etc. Not to mention any contract 'incentives', based on revenue-generating functions, like bowl games, TV contracts or the NCAA basketball and baseball tourneys...

I wouldn't be surprised if his total yearly compensation totals 1.5 million.....

Easily..

:(

Back