NCAA 2005 roster requests...

FAIRDALE KINGS

Greetings...

I am a roster editor for EA Sports NCAA 2005 and my rosters can be downloaded at www.ps2rosters.com

I have been releasing accurate team rosters on a national scale for the past three years. Just to pass along some information. This year the div. 1-AA teams are fully editable ( including the SWAC) as well as the Classic rosters... and I have to obtain the information for all the div. 1-AA rosters. I have numerous contacts at EA Sports who try to help provide me with this information. They are in direct contact with some schools SID's for the info.
But there are schools who do not reply to the inquiries. I had noticed this post from Prairie View.

the band fan said:
EA Sports faxed over a roster request......I hit them hard and sent them a depth chart, tentative roster, freshmen recruit bios, etc....even told them who the top freshmen are.

I assume they sent this same information to our fellow SWAC schools, OVC, SLC, etc...just want you to pass the information on and get on them so the correct rosters are in the game.

if anything, Prairie View's info will be in the game.

they said the game will come out on July 15th....the sites I read about the game...they haven't received the BETA copy. The other sites I saw only talk about the online aspect.

Jeff Luhr forwarded me the roster info on the Panthers. He's the former lead producer of the game.

What I am searching for is some more roster information. I still need rosters for four SWAC schools: Alabama State, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, Southern and Texas Southern. If anyone has any information on these four schools or WHO I need to contact I would greatly appreciate it. My sources have tried repeatedly to no avail and I've run out of options. The spring rosters are the source that EA uses and if anyone could forward me that information it would be greatly appreciated. The original rosters that EA used disappeared after the game went gold ( pressed) in late June. It's believed that the independent service that provides the ratings for the players still has the information. Anyhow, I can be reached at fairdalekings@msn.com if anyone has info. Contact me for my fax number.

As for some information that I can pass along regarding the game: it will include two new div.1-AA conferences: Ohio Valley and Southland. Also, the smaller teams will have speed ratings that are more reflective of their true speeds ( or at least that is what I've been told). Like I said, the div.1-AA teams are fully editable. Players can transfer and programs can be put on probation or even the death penalty.

Also... if anyone has contacts in the SID circles and is willing to help me out I still need div. 1-AA rosters for some other programs.

Hofstra
Howard
NC A&T
E.Kentucky
Murray St.
Samford
Tennessee State

Finally... thanks in advance and check out www.ps2rosters.com for PlayStation rosters or www.FKrosters.com ( COMING SOON) for XBOX rosters.

These numbers should help with Southern University

225-771-2712 (Athletic Director)
225-771-2601 (Sports Information)
225-771-4142 (Sports Information Director)

Rodney Bush Sports Information Director (713) 313-6829
Alois Blackwell Athletics Director (713) 313-6830
Rick Holden Associate Athletics Director (713) 313-7629
Steve Wilson Head Football Coach (713) 313-4337

To The Board,

[They are in direct contact with some schools SID's for the info.
But there are schools who do not reply to the inquiries.

I think he needs to someone with enough influence to ask people in their respective athletic departments to act upon these request. The telephone number and email address is easily obtainable.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
To The Board,
I think he needs to someone with enough influence to ask people in their respective athletic departments to act upon these request. The telephone number and email address is easily obtainable.

All we can do as fans is make sure he has the correct contact info. No one on this board has more influence than the ADs of these programs.

Hopefully the game has a note next to each school who did not send in the correct roster info.

he's wasting his time running to an AD...if he doesn't get an SID to send it..might as well forget it...

last thing an AD wants to do is act like an SID...but little things like this justifies why they need a good one.

I JUST LOOKED AT THE RATINGS OF THE TEAMS. HOW IN THE LLEH PVU RATED AHEAD OF SU AND GSU. BAND FAN DID YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS.

Yes, he had something to do with it. He had somethng to do with it by sending in the information for Prairie View requested by FAIRDALE KINGS and etc.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
Yes, he had something to do with it. He had somethng to do with it by sending in the information for Prairie View requested by FAIRDALE KINGS and etc.
was it FACTUAL information though??? Thats like me making a player on the game and boosting up everything.

let me address this....all I did was fax him our tentative roster, depth chart and recruit bios for the guy to name the players...but what you all are looking at was what the programmers did before the game shipped...

I had nothing to do with that...I don't know where they got it from.

maybe they know what I know..who knows?

DAHILL,

was it FACTUAL information though??? Thats like me making a player on the game and boosting up everything.

Of course the information was factual. But, if your SID did not take the time to send your institutions information in, then the game designers have the liberty to put in their best judgement based on old out dated information. Especially, considering the fact, I am sure they are not has enamored with non-BCS level institutions in the first place. That is the benefit of having additional people in the athletic department that have a passion to take something of this nature which many may seem as insignificant or trivial as actually meaningful, considering all the other job descriptions they must adhere too.

The Band Fan,

I do not play the game and could really careless, but I appreciate you going the extra mile to take the time to get this information in. Do not worry about those that will continue to belittle your efforts, because you went above and beyond your job description. Continue to grow, learn, and push the bar, my brother.

To all the SWAC connections that forwarded me roster information.. I really appreciate it. I received the rosters for Southern University tonight. I am still waiting on information for Alabama State and Arkansas Pine-Bluff.

The game is incredible... and the 1-AA teams are represented a lot better than in past versions of the game. Players are actually portrayed more realistically this year. For anyone interested.... I should have the XBOX rosters complete in a week. But it will take an additional week to add the div. 1-AA rosters that everyone around here desires. Can't wait til they are finished because I'm ready to hook up on XBOX Live.

BTW.. If any one is interested in obtaining the XBOX rosters for NCAA 2005 or if anyone has the UAPB or ASU roster I can be reached at fairdalekings@msn.com

HAPPY GAMING!

Back