NBC Sports Network shutting down.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What will the Bayou Classic do, since they are on this channel?

The USA Network already carries the National Hockey League and NASCAR. The Bayou Classic has a decent tv rating and I am certain it will be carrried by the USA Network or other non-streaming platforms. The popularity of the BC, in its own right, not to mention the new appeal these days of all things Black, should make the ultimate Black college football experience of high appeal to various ESPN programming and other well known premium-content programming. I am sure the athletic administrations of the affected universities will soon collectively be all over this one.

The USA Network already carries the National Hockey League and NASCAR. The Bayou Classic has a decent tv rating and I am certain it will be carrried by the USA Network or other non-streaming platforms. The popularity of the BC, in its own right, not to mention the new appeal these days of all things Black, should make the ultimate Black college football experience of high appeal to various ESPN programming and other well known premium-content programming. I am sure the athletic administrations of the affected universities will soon collectively be all over this one.

But they weren't being paid TV rights, they were purchasing a time slot to play in. There is a difference.

But they weren't being paid TV rights, they were purchasing a time slot to play in. There is a difference.

I am sure the Bayou Classic Committee is cognizant of what is happening and will be working toward whatever solution is best for S.U. & GSU. Stay Tuned.....

The contract ended with NBC Sports this year. So the channel shutting down effects the Bayou Classic in no way.
Exactly. The fact that this is the final year of the agreement makes this somewhat tricky. I'm not overly concerned, but it is something to consider.

Last week, The SWAC Commissioner told us that new tv deals were being worked out for the conference. This can probably play a part in that now unless Southern & Grambling work out a deal with NBC again. The two teams along with NBC could move the game to USA Network like they did Notre Dame a few times last year. USA network is the place that NBC’s other prime sports properties like the NHL, Premier League, and NASCAR are going to after the NBCSN goes black.

I do wonder if other entities like FOX Sports or Turner Sports (TNT / TBS) will try to negotiate something.

Back