Nathan Haymer hired at TxSU

Your bold honesty regarding southern's epic mistake is appreciated. Some of your cohorts aren't as bold regarding this issue.

And when I said 'unseasoned individuals', I meant individuals that are unseasoned outside of their field of expertise. We can all see now that Haymer was definitely not a good financial manager.

You might be right as far as younger band directors, but don't be surprised if more FAMU like incidents happens. So for as older band directors, a lot of universities probably could hire a younger person just to put a 'so-called' better product on the field. but they could quite possibly end up with someone who would create more problems than the university desires to handle.

Long story short, leaders make mistakes and bad decisions regardless of their ages. Incidents are going to happen.

So what you're saying is the southern folks who chose Haymer to lead the band made a mistake by hiring a young guy who just couldn't handle the responsibilities he was given?
I can buy that and that makes sense.

Probably the same folks that hired previous Presidents, ADs, coaches, at JSU in recent scandals in the past 10 years. You get the point ?

Probably the same folks that hired previous Presidents, ADs, coaches, at JSU in recent scandals in the past 10 years. You get the point ?
Dude, don't try and deflect. We don't have such band shenanigans going on like yall do at southern.

One thing I can say about Haymer, faults and all. He was/is legendary to the band world. Even though he is no longer at SU, folks across all social media sites still love to speak his name in great depth. Best wishes to him.
Legendary band leader after what? Three years? LOL.

He isnt legendary in terms of legacy such as Greggs, Foster, Sargent and others, but he is legendary among young folk such as myself for his antics, his and the Jukebox's social media presence, and the consistency SU's band has been at.

He isnt legendary in terms of legacy such as Greggs, Foster, Sargent and others, but he is legendary among young folk such as myself for his antics, his and the Jukebox's social media presence, and the consistency SU's band has been at.
That's not legendary material, that's gimmickery.

The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program was primarily started for engineering graduates who were being hired in some industrial technology field as managers. Maybe it should be a requirement that college band directors have some type of business finance background, since a great deal of their time will be spent managing the funds of the band program. IMO, Haymer did no more than what most of us would have done at his age. It's akin to putting some child in-charge of a candy store. Also, add in what is called the 'Hollywood Syndrome'. If any of us in our early to mid 20's were given the opportunity to meet our childhood or teen idols, we would have been mesmerized as well of their presence, which is the main reason why I think an older and more seasoned person would have been able to filter out the glit and glamor.

Last edited:

"IMO, Haymer did no more than what most of us would have done at his age. It's akin to putting some child in-charge of a candy store......"

shit.jpg

embezzle funds knowing that it's a crime to do so? i don't think so.

"Also, add in what is called the 'Hollywood Syndrome'. If any of us in our early to mid 20's were given the opportunity to meet our childhood or teen idols...."

dude's in his 40s. so when all this stuff went down he was in the late 30s. he was lucky he got a second chance a blew it. i'm not going to speak about me man's character because at this point his character is starting to proceed him. some people can't just leave well enough alone and he seems to be one of those people.

It's been a few months now and SU is starting to sound a bit.....different

I don’t think they sound different besides the euphos instead of baritones, & the all brass tubas instead of the fiberglass & hybrids, but they definitely aren’t the same jukebox IMO

Too many “cute” songs and not enough ignorant, in your face arrangements!

Back