Nathan Haymer hired at TxSU

atl hornet

Didnt see a thread on it, but its been official for a couple weeks now. Good to see him land on his feet, and I look forward to the Jukebox/Ocean game.

Didnt see a thread on it, but its been official for a couple weeks now. Good to see him land on his feet, and I look forward to the Jukebox/Ocean game.

It was talked about here.

I dont see how any university president with good sense would let this brother on their campus.

So what would you do? Ban the man from earning a living for life! How many second, third, and fourth chances have you had in life? Obviously, you believe in kicking a man while he's down!

I dont see how any university president with good sense would let this brother on their campus.

Right. Besides the fact the dude has the propensity to steal , you also inherit whatever negative PR going forward. We know how the media works. Once he gets indicted the headlines will read "TSU Band Director Indicted" ...."TSU Band Director Sentenced"...with little or no regard to the fact that it happened at an entirely different school. What university president is gonna willingly sign up for that?

So what would you do? Ban the man from earning a living for life! How many second, third, and fourth chances have you had in life? Obviously, you believe in kicking a man while he's down!
No individual is bigger than an entire university. Now that the feds are on his case, southern isn't going to get the negative fallout anymore, Texas Southern will.
Haymer's been given more than one chance to redeem himself and he blew it. He has no one to blame but himself.

Is he a Kappa?

Yes...Recently pledged like 2 years ago. I think him and Brian Simmons are line brothers. Most former Jukebox members are QUES, but Doc Greggs was an Alpha. I know GSU's former band director Dr. Pannell is an QUE.

Yes...Recently pledged like 2 years ago. I think him and Brian Simmons are line brothers. Most former Jukebox members are QUES, but Doc Greggs was an Alpha. I know GSU's former band director Dr. Pannell is an QUE.
Yeah most of the old guard at Gram were Ques. Greggs use to do gigs for Eddie Rob events. Both were Alphas.

I only asked that question because being a Kappa gets you presidential treatment at TxSU.

Earle, given my situation on campus, I believe in second chances. This man has proven though that he lacks the ethical integrity for these type of roles brother.

Earle, given my situation on campus, I believe in second chances. This man has proven though that he lacks the ethical integrity for these type of roles brother.

The way I see it, he was way too young and inexperienced to be placed in-charge of an university band program, especially a program that generates a great deal of cash. Eventhough he is musically talented, that doesn't mean he had the financial sense to know right from wrong. This is why when a person is hired in a key position at an university, they better have some knowledge and integrity on how to manage money, especially money generated by the SCHOOL program that they are placed in-charge of. At least TxSU didn't hire him as the band director.

It appears something happened... Haymer is not at Texas Southern. Taken from Clarence Gibson director of bands at Texas Southern... this was written this past Friday.

Attachments

• FBDB1A56-6B3C-4066-A004-B74BA1D2FC63.png
    FBDB1A56-6B3C-4066-A004-B74BA1D2FC63.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 88
It appears something happened... Haymer is not at Texas Southern. Taken from Clarence Gibson director of bands at Texas Southern... this was written this past Friday.

This whole thing with Haymer has been such a mess it's hard to know who to believe. Some of our alums have said he's hired, but others have said he's not. One thing for certain, Gibson needs to go because he obviously cares more about his friends than my TSU or even his own pay check. You have to be a complete jack-ass to make such a move as he did. I'm guessing he tried to bring Haymer in as an adjunct professor which would have slotted him as a semester to semester employee on a non-tenured track.

Whatever the truth is with this mess, and I hope it's as the quoted post above indicates, Gibson has done my TSU no favors by associating my alma mater with this mess. Hopefully, the book is closed on the matter and those of us that care about Texas Southern can move on.

Storm96, jsupop33 and JayRob thanks for your posts in this thread, it's refreshing to know there are still brothers that believe in accountability.

Man what the hell is going on in Houston?!

I don't even know why gib tried with the man still under investigation and possibly getting indicted any day now. The man hasn't even gotten hired at Texas southern and look at the access drama of the band community and obviously the pending investigation to the point Gib had to stop his focus which should be on band camp and the 2019-2020 season too address these "rumors" Haymer got too much baggage right now... I'm not boo hoo'ing with him he was getting over 100 k from southern as head bd and still has 293 k sitting in his personal bank somewhere....

Back