Natchez School Board Meeting Chaos

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
The usual "white people don't want public schools to be properly funded while their kids attend private schools" nonsense.

(Skip to around 21:25)

Last edited:

Give me a synopsis, please. but based on what you wrote, action indicate that is true. Education of a non-white populace is not a priority in America. Charter schools getting federal funds....when things get tight, the first thing MS cuts is education. They did not pass the bill to fully fund education as promised and made another 5% cut to university funding recently...where is the lie?

The guy who made the threat towards the end of the video did get charged/arrested but knowing Adams County he won't see any jail time

The School Board wants to raise taxes for the public schools in Natchez but "they" don't want it. Of course "they" don't want it because it would benefit the NSD which is over 90% black

Side note: The state's master plan is unfolding here in Sunflower County with the Consolidated School District. It's been reported for years that both Gentry and Ruleville need a combined $40 million dollars to repair/rebuild those schools since neither has had major upgrades in 30 years. Rather than actually build new schools, they would rather consolidate the two high schools into one in the name of "saving money".

I hope they have adequate Security with metal detectors for attendees at these meetings in the future or hold the meetings at a County Building that has these things!

People come in to my office complaining all the time about their property taxes stating that they should not have to pay taxes for the school board when they have no kids in school. They are all white and well off.

My thing is, if public schools are allowed to fail and are shutdown, racist White folks will have complete autonomy over what schools are left, which are mostly private white Christian schools. Herbert just recently started a thread about how racist the Southern Baptist Conference is and most of the private white Christian schools fall under that organization, especially those that have Christian or Baptist in their name, such as John Curtis Christian High School, Christian Life Academy, Parkview Baptist High School, etc. Black church schools are too few and far apart. This is why it is so important to cleanup Black churches, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Last edited:
This is why it is so important to cleanup Black churches, but that's a topic for another discussion.

It is a batlle. For example many black churches have pastors who have no idea of how to run a church from secular perspective. The black pastor wants total autonomy to do what they want when they want and how they want. This is biggest problem with the Black church. We are facing that problem in my church. We have a pastor who is great toward the members needs spiritually. I mean on spot on point. Yet, his business savvy is totally fucked up. So as a member of the trustee board it is difficult to get him to understand the business side of the church. So he then rallies older members that like him to aide in his decision making because he feels that they will make the board knuckle under. what is happening is that younger people are leaving.

The life line of the church lies in the future.

Give me a synopsis, please. but based on what you wrote, action indicate that is true. Education of a non-white populace is not a priority in America. Charter schools getting federal funds....when things get tight, the first thing MS cuts is education. They did not pass the bill to fully fund education as promised and made another 5% cut to university funding recently...where is the lie?

WHERE do you think all charters schools are at??? Whites don't want them in their communities. Because of what they don't do in many cases. They don't have to educate SPED kids and can FORCE a parent to be active.

Why would you fund education of nonwhites when so many nonwhites don't care about education? It's 2 way street. Because if folks cared about the education of black children-they understand it goes BEYOND that classroom.

People come in to my office complaining all the time about their property taxes stating that they should not have to pay taxes for the school board when they have no kids in school. They are all white and well off.

Do they bitch about all that other stuff that they don't use yet pay taxes on? Like those parks in other parts of town? Or animal control? If not tell them to STFU.

If they don't want to pay those taxes-MOVE out of the house and get an apartment or condo.

The usual "white people don't want public schools to be properly funded while their kids attend private schools" nonsense.

(Skip to around 21:25)

Two things...

1. If the races had been reversed and a black man stepped to the board VP who was white...the cops would have been there.
2. The members of the board who were telling him to cool down needed to STFU!!!

Do they bitch about all that other stuff that they don't use yet pay taxes on? Like those parks in other parts of town? Or animal control? If not tell them to STFU.

If they don't want to pay those taxes-MOVE out of the house and get an apartment or condo.

We let them go in a room entitled "Helen Waite" translated "Hell and Wait" meaning when they come in to raise hell we send them in there. There we have all the laws supporting us and we explain to them that they are welcome to review it all because under law we don't argue. LMAO!!!

It is a batlle. For example many black churches have pastors who have no idea of how to run a church from secular perspective. The black pastor wants total autonomy to do what they want when they want and how they want. This is biggest problem with the Black church. We are facing that problem in my church. We have a pastor who is great toward the members needs spiritually. I mean on spot on point. Yet, his business savvy is totally fucked up. So as a member of the trustee board it is difficult to get him to understand the business side of the church. So he then rallies older members that like him to aide in his decision making because he feels that they will make the board knuckle under. what is happening is that younger people are leaving.

The life line of the church lies in the future.
That is why many Black churches are either baptist or Non-Denominational. Catholics, Methodists, A.M.E, etc are not independent so the problem you mentioned is not as prevalent. I feel your pain Founder....went through the same thing. I am no Bill Gates but I know you cannot spend more than you take in or there being issues. And then when there are issues they want the trustees to bail them out. I am NOT a fireman.

you can pay for schools or you can pay for jails. If you don't do the first you do the second.
Exactly, you don't want to fund the education of the children, then don't complain when those same children are breaking into your house and stealing your car because of lack of educational opportunities.

WHERE do you think all charters schools are at??? Whites don't want them in their communities. Because of what they don't do in many cases. They don't have to educate SPED kids and can FORCE a parent to be active.

Why would you fund education of nonwhites when so many nonwhites don't care about education? It's 2 way street. Because if folks cared about the education of black children-they understand it goes BEYOND that classroom.

Thanks to our Republican legislators and former Governor Jindal, our state education system has been over-run by charter schools. It's like sharks smelling blood (money). The Baton Rouge area has 28 charter schools with more still planning to open in the future. BR is not that huge to adequately support that many charter schools without damaging the public schools, mainly those in the inner city.

Y'all do know this is why they buy all those guns don't you? They know the cause, effect and the affects of what they vote against...........

That is why many Black churches are either baptist or Non-Denominational. Catholics, Methodists, A.M.E, etc are not independent so the problem you mentioned is not as prevalent. I feel your pain Founder....went through the same thing. I am no Bill Gates but I know you cannot spend more than you take in or there being issues. And then when there are issues they want the trustees to bail them out. I am NOT a fireman.

So true....Baptist and Non-Denominational Churches have a probability of being corrupt. It's really frustrating.

Back