Name brand clothes and kids...

aamuprettywoman

AAMU all day every day!
Is this logical?
And don't give me that talk about wear and tear and paying more means it last longer.

What do you think about name brand clothes, especially for kids.
Logical or not? They don't know the difference so is it logical to buy them?

Consider...infants and toddlers...

Not...they're just going to grow out of it anyways. Maybe when they reach an age where they'll be the same size for a while but I see all these tiny kids in expensive clothes when they'll grow out of it in a month.

I don;t believe in it. :smh: Kids grow to fast and you will go broke trying to keep them in name brand clothes. I say its illogical

I do believe in it. Not knocking no one who doesn't but I see nothing wrong with buying children name brand stuff. I know I am when I have children. I wear Jordans, my children will wear them. I like to wear Polo, my children will wear Polo. Maybe I will feel diferently when I actually have children, but thats how I feel now. So I think it is Logical.

I don't think that it is logical to by them name brand clothing.

Kids grow so fast that it really doesn't not make sense to buy designer clothing that they will probably wear only once or twice.

Spending that kinda money on some very temporary clothing is a waste of money. I can understand if you're getting it at a price where it's just as cheap as all the other clothes. But at the expensive prices of Tommy and other designers, it's a waste.

I think it's logical to buy whatever you want for your child

I, personally do not get off on name brands....not even for me. Don't get me wrong, I do purchase name brand items, but I'm not materialistic and feel like that's all me or my son can wear. I look good in anything I wear and so does my son. But, I think if one wants to buy it for their child(ren) then it's their call. Children do grow really fast and that's the main reason I don't spend a lot of cash on popular name brands. Usually Devin gets all his name brand clothing from his 20 year old sister anyway. So it's not an issue for me.

Thank God for my Wife.

When my son was born, I wanted to run out and by him every piece of Osh Kosh and Polo Kids. I was ready to break the bank. But my wife dont play that. She is the one who dont believe in kids wearing name brand clothes. So, My son have very little name brand clothes.

About 2 weeks ago, I was in Dillards getting a Gift Certificate. I passed threw the childs Dept. and almost went crazy. But I did not buy anything.

I dont see anything wrong with it. "If you can afford it."
:D

We don't buy name brand clothes for our boys. It is too costly. The grow so fast and you have to buy them a new wardrobe everytime the season changes. The few name brand items they have were purchased by someone else. We tend to shop the clearance rack at Old Navy or Gymboree for the the boys.

I don't think it's logical. As it has been repeated, kids grow too fast and to spend a lot of money for 1 or 2 wears, is just not right. But I have to stick with Carters Pajamas for my daughter, they are good quality. :D
Southern University

It's basically illogical, but strike a balance

I was like docmump when my daughter was born. I'm not a 'shopper' by nature, but I was real excited about buying things for our baby. But between my wife and my mother, I got 'hipped' to the Baby Clothes Drama that goes on.

When we were in Mississippi, we didn't buy name brands, and we really don't buy them now (in Dallas). But we've found some excellent deals at stores in Grapevine Mills, Traders Village, and the Tanger Outlet in Terrell. And we've found very good discounts on some nice stuff. So we've gotten the best of both worlds.

But I would agree that it's basically 'illogical' to pay higher prices for named brand clothing for growing children, because they grow so fast. And you seemingly don't get your 'money's worth' out of the investment. Unless you do what my family does, and they 'hand-down' clothes from kid to kid. We got a ton of baby and toddler clothes from other family members. And they were all good quality, and it saved us alot of money. And when our daughter out-grew them, we washed and packed them up, and shipped them to the next 'new' baby in the family.

RECYCLING, Always a good thing!!!!!!!!

:idea:

These are damn excuses.... Hell Yeah I will buy my children name brand clothes, just like I buy all 22 of my nieces and nephews name brand cloths. Everybody is OVEREXAGGERATIN the cost of name brand clothes. Who said you had to buy them out of Dillards or Parisian. They sell the samn damn clothes CHEAP in TJ MAXX, Steinmart, and Marshalls. I aint wearing no KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE and I know for a fact my children are not wearing it.

Tell us how you really feel Dahill

Originally posted by DAHILL
These are damn excuses.... Hell Yeah I will buy my children name brand clothes, just like I buy all 22 of my nieces and nephews name brand cloths. Everybody is OVEREXAGGERATIN the cost of name brand clothes. Who said you had to buy them out of Dillards or Parisian. They sell the samn damn clothes CHEAP in TJ MAXX, Steinmart, and Marshalls. I aint wearing no KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE and I know for a fact my children are not wearing it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by MAXIMUS
I agree with DAHILL 100%. Tell it like it is.

All coming from folks that don't have children and have to support them on a daily basis. You can talk all that noise now but when you have to provide for them consistently, you'll see how fast they out grow those name brand clothes. I'm glad that they go to a school that has a standardize dresss code. No it's not wearing a uniform, but they have certain types of shirts, pants, shorts in 10 colors they can wear. There's no competetion for dressing up in the latest fashions. They can wear polo type shirts with the colors coming from the crayon box of 8 plus pink & white. Shorts or pants can be black, blue or khaki. All the stores in the area carry these type garments and you won't go broke each year trying to outdress them against their friends since they will be wearing the same things. At first I didn't like the idea but by year 2, I saw how easy it was to school shop for them amd also it was easier on the pocket. Texas also has a tax free weekend before school starts so you can spend more money on the actual products and not worry about paying so much more in taxes.

You can buy whatever the hell you wanna. Nobody ever said that. Folk buy $15K vehicles, add $10K worth of accessories and in 2 years, the car is worth $5K. And be living in a hovel. Yo money. Spend it how you wanna. Still don't make sense to me.

Some people spend money more wisely than others. We all have our vices, tho. Clothes ain't one of mine.

Fiyah,

You better believe that DAHILL will spend his money on the finest clothes. I have inlaws with 6 kids and all of them be Tommy'd down. When they need something important, got their hands stuck out to somebody. But them kids be sharp.

The post said NAME BRAND not EXPENSIVE.... like I said some of yall just dont know HOW and WHERE to shop.

I can buy a child a Polo shirt for the same price you can buy a child a Power Rangers shirt.

Back