NAACP AWARDS!!!

Brave

Da Better U get, Da Better we get & That's IT
This awards show was off the chain, as far as professionalism, REAL Music and musicianship, connecting with your roots. I loved it.

I can't believe no one has seen this except me. Yall missed a treat last friday.

Big up to NAACP this year, very rewarding to see "US's" folk display what we have in such a GRAND manner. ;) :lecture:

Brave said:
This awards show was off the chain, as far as professionalism, REAL Music and musicianship, connecting with your roots. I loved it.

I can't believe no one has seen this except me. Yall missed a treat last friday.

Big up to NAACP this year, very rewarding to see "US's" folk display what we have in such a GRAND manner. ;) :lecture:
<---I have always enjoyed Prince, but I was taken off guard when Morris and Jerome came on stage with Prince to perform "The Bird" and then Sheila E. performing "Glamorous Life."

Right before, I was just thinking about all of the other artists that evolved out of his camp...........,

Brave said:

I watched it. I can't remember all the presenters.
Prince was off the hook!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I don't usually loose control often but,Prince had me up and dancing in my living room. I absolutely followed and understood what he was tryin' to say in his musical selections. He was paying tribute to the Legendary Artist that came before him.
I loved that!!!!

To quote another musical legend,...Eric Clapton,..."Music is safe as long as that guy is around" :tup:

Brave you are not the only person that saw the show. Check out the prince thread. We've discussed his performance there.

I did the tivo thing and have only watch the Prince segment of the show. It was well done and when Morris Day and Jerome came out I was :jump: Prince's performance was one of the best in award show history. He perfomed 3 or 4 genre's of music.

:) :whatever: The whole show was great not just the Prince segment, watch the whole show it was wonderful.

I'll tell you most of the winners that I can remember

Best male artist (of course) Usher
Best female artist "Fantasia"
Best song "Alicia Keys" (If I aint got you)
Best new artist "Kanye West"

Tribute to Senator "Obama" (I loved his speech again, he used this as an opportunity to open OUR eyes to what is going on with BUSH and his African band on helping AIDS victims over there.
(Fantasia sang "I believe" that had some crying and received a standing Ovation)
Tribute to "Oprah" She to me showed how down to earth she still is and that she would continue to be an instrument for GOD {Jamie FOX presented her with a good speech
(Yolanda Adams, and the great Stevie wonder both performed)

and the main highlight
Tribute to "Prince" with the mini concert (I loved seeing Shelia E and THE TIME that brought back so many memories of my child hood, Prince is exceptional

Chris Tucker hosted

I loved the way they started off the show with the African dance and drums and then to follow it with esteem and prestige. It just showed you how far we've come as black folks.

Damn, I hate I missed this show...I sure wish they'd air it again...I was on the road to da boot Friday night.

I saw it and thought many parts were shameful. This was an IMAGE awards show and some of those who won were POPULARITY awards that did nothing positive for AA images.

Examples? Monique--there is nothing positive about her performance in The Parkers whatsoever. Her foolishness will keep drama at a all time high and self-esteem lower than low. That she beat out the chick from My Wife and Kids and Ross from Girlfriends only proves my point.

Usher--We do know what his CD Confessions is about again? Positive image here? Please point it out to me...

Taye Diggs for Kevin Hill--that he is a lawyer is a good start but that he is a committed womanizer who won't claim his ward when asked by Eva or any other woman not in his firm, is not a positive image. I couldn't believe he won over the 2 guys from CSI and the one from Law and Order...

Yep, Prince, Obama and Oprah were the IMAGE highlights for me.

chocalate_topaz said:
Monique--there is nothing positive about her performance in The Parkers whatsoever. Her foolishness will keep drama at a all time high and self-esteem lower than low.

Usher--We do know what his CD Confessions is about again? Positive image here? Please point it out to me...

Taye Diggs for Kevin Hill--that he is a lawyer is a good start but that he is a committed womanizer who won't claim his ward when asked by Eva or any other woman not in his firm, is not a positive image.

Yep, Prince, Obama and Oprah were the IMAGE highlights for me.

Can't disagree with any of this. :read:

Back