My Spirit was Vexed

LAW DAWG

TSU LOVE
If you have found yourself troubled and a little angry at the blatant hypocrisy of religious leadership over those that consider themselves Evangelical Christians then you might have been in a state of spiritual vexation.

Over the past four years President Trump stood-out as a stark example of much of the behavior that goes against the grain of our Lord Jesus teachings and commandments. Even more troubling is he never has expressed any contrition about his conduct, and at times has even went as far as to mock the words of our Lord. With that said, as I have already intimated, it is not Trump that vexed my spirit but instead religious leaders that ignored the conduct, what God has said about such conduct and the instruction God has left us concerning conduct that could cause believers to stumble.

The leadership of Evangelical Christians preside over disciples that supported Trump and his conduct at 80% in 2016, and have been very consistent with those same numbers of support this very day, four years later.

Observing, over several months, that kind of consistent support by evangelicals really vexed my spirit, and I grew a little angry at the leadership of those flocks because I know they have intentionally failed to protect the people of God and chose worldliness over the word God.

With that said, by early Wednesday morning I was reminded that God is able despite the falling short of some of us and the iniquity of others. Today I'm reminded of what Galatians 6:7 tells us where it says: Be not deceived; God is not mocked. It has been a challenging, exhaustive and agonizing experience for me seeing the leadership of the evangelicals lead their sheep to slaughter, but I'm reminded today of what Isaiah 40:31 tells us: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

My spirit is lifted and back where it should be as I type these key strokes. Saints if any of you are struggling as I was with the deliberate failure and deliberate misleading of church leaders pray about it and keep it moving. Don't let it steal your joy, disturb your peace or vex your spirit. God has already spoken about their responsibilities and he is not happy about their dereliction of duty.

Consider God's warning to religious leadership in Malachi 2:1-2:

2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Consider God's admonishment and justice for religious leaders in Malachi 2:8-9:

2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.

2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

In closing, Our God is the same, he changes not (Hebrews 13:8).

May God bless and keep you all.

Grace unto you,
Brother Hicks (Law Dawg)​

Last edited:
If you have found yourself troubled and a little angry at the blatant hypocrisy of religious leadership over those that consider themselves Evangelical Christians then you might have been in a state of spiritual vexation.

Over the past four years President Trump stood-out as a stark example of much of the behavior that goes against the grain of our Lord Jesus teachings and commandments. Even more troubling is he never has expressed any contrition about his conduct, and at times has even went as far as to mock the words of our Lord. With that said, as I have already intimated, it is not Trump that vexed my spirit but instead religious leaders that ignored the conduct, what God has said about such conduct and the instruction God has left us concerning conduct that could cause believers to stumble.

The leadership of Evangelical Christians preside over disciples that supported Trump and his conduct at 80% in 2016, and have been very consistent with those same numbers of support this very day, four years later.

Observing, over several months, that kind of consistent support by evangelicals really vexed my spirit, and I grew a little angry at the leadership of those flocks because I know they have intentionally failed to protect the people of God and chose worldliness over the word God.

With that said, by early Wednesday morning I was reminded that God is able despite the falling short of some of us and the iniquity of others. Today I'm reminded of what Galatians 6:7 tells us where it says: Be not deceived; God is not mocked. It has been a challenging, exhaustive and agonizing experience for me seeing the leadership of the evangelicals lead their sheep to slaughter, but I'm remined today of what Isaiah 40:31 tells us: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

My spirit is lifted and back where it should be as I type these key strokes. Saints if any of you are struggling as I was with the deliberate failure and deliberate misleading of church leaders pray about it and keep it moving. Don't let it steal your joy, disturb your peace or vex your spirit. God has already spoken about their responsibilities and he is not happy about their dereliction of duty.

2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.

2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

Grace unto you,
@LAW DAWG ...this is indeed, a very timely post; thank you my brother!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

With that said, by early Wednesday morning I was reminded that God is able despite the falling short of some of us and the iniquity of others. Today I'm reminded of what Galatians 6:7 tells us where it says: Be not deceived; God is not mocked. It has been a challenging, exhaustive and agonizing experience for me seeing the leadership of the evangelicals lead their sheep to slaughter, but I'm remined today of what Isaiah 40:31 tells us: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Grace unto you,
I agree totally! My spirit has also been vexed by the behavior of those of the five-fold ministry, especially those white evangelicals.

I'm late to the party.

@LAW DAWG for those of us deep-rooted in our faith and belief in Jesus Christ, it's natural for us to be angry at those who profess to be Christian but condone the un-Godly acts of those who clearly are not. To me, that's worse than the person doing those un-Christian acts. I have TONS of co-workers (all caucasoids, and one who's Asian) that totally support DJT. One of the caucasoids is friends on another co-workers (Black; she and I went and graduated from UAPB together) FB and she posted some hateful stuff about BLM, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris on her page and forgot who it was. Naturally, when the caucasoid realized who it was, she tried to back-peddle, but my friend had texted us what the 'soid had said.

A few days later, when my caucasoid co-worker and her boyfriend and my Asian co-worker all came in, I waited until THEY brought up the subject of DJT, Biden, voting, whatever. Oh, by the way, my Asian co-worker calls himself a pastor. Now, when the convo got heated between them and my other co-workers (all Black), I stepped in. This is what I said,

"I don't fault DJT for doing the things he does. It's his enablers (Republican Senators, Congress) that allow him to do and say what he does. And anyone who claims to be a Christian or evangelical or a pastor, and supports him, is just as bad as he is".

Of course, they all burst out with the "I'm not racist" and "I like Black people" and "I don't support those things he does". My response:
"Yeah, but you condone it, which is worse". You could've heard a rat peeing on cotton when I said that.

LAW DAWG, it's ok to be angry. One of the biggest misconceptions about being a Christian is the untruth about how we're NOT supposed to get angry. FALSE. Remember this:
"In the temple courts He found people selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So He made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; He scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves, He said, 'Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's House into a market!'"-John 2:14-16 (NIV)​

Our Lord Jesus got angry. Not only was His Father's House being used as a shopping center, it was permissible by those who CLAIMED to love God and keep His commandments. Jesus was hot, to a point that even His own disciples were amazed. But they also remembered the Messianic prophecy spoken by David in the Psalms:
"for zeal for your House consumes me, and the insults of those who insult You fall on me"-Psalm 69:9 (NIV)​

So, it's ok to be angry, and anger from those who TRULY love and fear God (take Him seriously) about the misuse and/or abuse of His House, His creation, and/or His people, is totally understandable, even tolerable, as long as it does not cause physical harm to yourself and/or others. And remember the words of Scripture:
"Therefore, each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. In your anger DO NOT SIN..."-Ephesians 4:25-26a (NIV)
In the 2nd chapter of Galatians, both Paul and Peter had been given the assignment of preaching the Gospel to the uncircumcised (Gentiles). Peter had been working so closely with the Gentiles that he even took his meals with them. But when the elders came down from Jerusalem, Peter distanced himself from them to the point where the Gentiles took notice. Barnabas, who was a new convert and understudy, was even taken up by Peter's hypocrisy and was led astray. Paul, however, called Peter out for his behavior because he (Peter) was wrong. This is admonishment, a virtue lost by most Christians.

We who are passionate about all things concerning our Lord Jesus Christ can be angry by such hypocrisy, and even have the responsibility to call out behavior contrary to what we have publicly professed. The biggest problem about racism, xenophobia, corruption is not only those acts in themselves, but that NO ONE SPEAKS OUT AGAINST THEM! If you ask for wisdom from the Holy Spirit on how to approach such people, in addition to what to say to such people, the Spirit of God will reveal to you when to speak and what to say. This is something I have learned to do and the Lord has not convicted me or my spirit. Pray for God's wisdom to fall upon about this. If you are to speak, try to be as peaceable as you can be, and ALWAYS speak the truth. And if you do get angry, God will calm your spirit and won't allow you to get out of control.

Back