My return to the gym

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
I had a six month hiatus from the gym but I seem to be transitioning back fine.

The gym is within walking distance of my apartment so I am straight. So far, I haven’t really lost strength in bench press during the hiatus and I was able to crank 4 x15 of 225 with ease on Monday. My shoulders lost a little strength but nothing major, so I should no problem jumping right back into my regular schedule.

Currently my week looks like this (workout at 6:30 am)

Monday:
Lift
Elliptical/Treadmill (30 minutes)
Abs

Tuesday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Wednesday:
Lift
Abs

Thursday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Friday:
Lift
Elliptical/Treadmill (30)
Abs

The gym is within walking distance of my apartment so I am straight. So far, I haven’t really lost strength in bench press during the hiatus and I was able to crank 4 x15 of 225 with ease on Monday. My shoulders lost a little strength but nothing major, so I should no problem jumping right back into my regular schedule.

Monday:
Lift
Abs

Tuesday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Wednesday:
Lift
Abs

Thursday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Friday:
Lift
Abs
I am sitting here sluggish, mentally not as acute, and experiencing what I consider pre-depression. If I do not work out I get into a mental slump of just going home and going to bed.
I know that it only happens when I don't work out. There is a gym about 1.5 miles away. I have to drag myself to that first session.

I am sitting here sluggish, mentally not as acute, and experiencing what I consider pre-depression. If I do not work out I get into a mental slump of just going home and going to bed.
I know that it only happens when I don't work out. There is a gym about 1.5 miles away. I have to drag myself to that first session.

I recently started a diet... It is based off of the "Slow Carb Diet" to a degree. However, I do eat fruit. You can google Slow Carb if you like. I lost 7 lbs in my first 5 days. The good thing is that there is no limit on amount of food. Just on what food.

Monday:
Lift
Abs

Tuesday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Wednesday:
Lift
Abs

Thursday:
Spin Class (30)
Abs

Friday:
Lift
Abs
What your rotation?
back,legs
tris' and shoulders
biceps and chest?

6months mane??? :shame:

~__________~

This was last spring bruh. I lived dang near in Baltimore, worked in DC and went to school in VA. I had zero time. I was working 47 hours a week, going to grad school and commuting 1 hour to and from work. I got big as hell too. It was depressing. I promise to never let myself get that big again.

Nupe that is an old workout. I can walk to work and the gym so I now go in the evenings again. Currently My Rotation is:

Monday: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Tuesday: Cardio, Abs
Wednesday:Shoulders, Back, Abs
Thursday:Cardio, Abs
Friday: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Saturday: Cardio, Legs, back

I only do legs one day out of the week. My knees still ache from SWAC football.

This was last spring bruh. I lived dang near in Baltimore, worked in DC and went to school in VA. I had zero time. I was working 47 hours a week, going to grad school and commuting 1 hour to and from work. I got big as hell too. It was depressing. I promise to never let myself get that big again.

Nupe that is an old workout. I can walk to work and the gym so I now go in the evenings again. Currently My Rotation is:

Monday: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Tuesday: Cardio, Abs
Wednesday:Shoulders, Back, Abs
Thursday:Cardio, Abs
Friday: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Saturday: Cardio, Legs, back

I only do legs one day out of the week. My knees still ache from SWAC football.

I may have to borrow your routine. Mine is straight up havoc, even though I started to do sets of reps and I at least get 30 mins of cardio each time I go to the gym.

Back