MY QB is the offensive plyaer of the week; how about yours?

GSUperTiger

The "Icon" of BCF
Just about three weeks ago, Grambling State senior quarterback Randy Hymes was fighting off Bruce Eugene for the starter's job.

After Grambling's 30-29 victory at Portland State Saturday night there isn't much debate.

Hymes scored a touchdown on the game's final play - a 2-yard run - and Brian Morgan kicked the decisive extra-point to give the 15th-ranked Tigers a victory over the 16th-ranked Vikings.

"I told the team this one was on me," Hymes told reporters after the game. "All of my life I've loved playing under pressure. This is the kind of game I love."

There was certainly plenty of pressure for Grambling (3-0).

After squandering a 23-14 lead and falling behind 29-23, Hymes led the Tigers on a 75-yard scoring drive in the final 57 seconds of play.

Hymes completed 14-of-23 passing attempts for 157 yards. He also rushed for 83 yards and two touchdowns.

His biggest score came on the final play after faking a handoff to the right and running around the left end for the touchdown.

For his efforts, Hymes was named the Southwestern Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week on Sunday.

Mad props to Randy "Showtime" Hymes -- you deserve it podnuh!

I guess quality stats do indeed means something in the SWAC. Notice every week, a G-MEN has been either the special teams POTW, or defensive POTW, and finally OPOTW. This will continue to be a season-long worth of attributes for the Icon of BCF!

I guess the SWAC offense understands that running up stats against Valley is meaningless, worthless act too.

Seems everybody understands this but the Buffs!

I KNOW this means that the official stats didn't make it to the SWAC office in time.

No matter, we all know if we had to choose one, who y'all would pick. Y'all don't even like Hymes.:(

157 yards against the whitefolk is worth much more than 215 yards rushing in 3 quarters against a SWAC opponent. I guess white folks ice is colder.

Congrats....I guess

Sup,

Was Hymes not under pressure last year in the BC? His heart was racing faster than your car headed home after he choked up under pressure!! Hymes is still garbage, Gram still Sucks, and you will lose on Oct 20th!!!

Hymes was pulled in the Alcorn game because he was getting his butt kicked. Doug was thinking about benching him.

'86,

Shutup! Y'all still lost to us and we substituted a freshman QB to take over. Sad.

Alley Cat,

Y'all couldn't beat Peanut Butter and Jelly last year plus you watched us twice last year. Remember that word again this year. WATCH US WHUP Y'ALL BUTT on October 20th and WATCH US BEAT SOMEBODY in the SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!! I'll get y'all some tickets for the Championship Game. :D

Back