My first season following SU MBB...

Hell No. Cador got there when I was at SU in the mid 80s.

And if you are talking basketball. SU was still winning in the 90s. The entire decade. We fell off in the 2000's for a few seasons. But even then, not to this level. Spivery had a few good seasons. Banks had us back in the mix as well when he took over. SU basketball will be back.
I'm just going off the list of championship years posted earlier in this thread 1993, 2006, 2013, 2016. Looks more like a lightning strike every now and again than domination. But, that's just my opinion.

I'm just going off the list of championship years posted earlier in this thread 1993, 2006, 2013, 2016. Looks more like a lightning strike every now and again than domination. But, that's just my opinion.

Some years we won the SWAC tourney and some we won the regular season. And don't the titles fool you that we were not in the mix for the other years. UNC and Duke can't win the ACC every year. But they are IN IT every year. SU was to be reckoned with all of the 80s and 90s and a significant drop off didn't happen until Spivery experiment. He won in 2006 but with Grant's players. And when Banks finally showed up on the Bluff, he was in the mix every year. Wasn't like SU was downtrodden with Banks as head coach. Hell his teams have put up the best showings in the big Dance. Folks forget how close he was to taking down Number 1 Gonzaga.

Hell his teams have put up the best showings in the big Dance. Folks forget how close he was to taking down Number 1 Gonzaga.
How close was that team? Did they suffer a heart breaking 1 point buzzer beater loss in double overtime to a 1 seed that went on to win the ncaa tournament?

Back