MVSU'S Burwell taunting the Prez

I don't know about force feeding Cox down low. WKU was long inside...not bulky but the "big" guys had long arms and were blocking layup attempts. Cox and Crosby had their hands full trying to get off layups. And #12 was a none factor on offense.

I didnt see it as taunting nor did the annoucers see it as taunting...
Also the Players didnt here the comment of the president so that comment had nothing to do with anything, plus he was telling the truth...
Valley was way better then these cats, but didnt take the ball inside until well until the run that got them up, then they started jacking 3s.
Jacking 3s is something you see all through the SWAC... valley would have been up 20 in the first half if they would have forced fed Cox down low

Last edited:
I agree. The president has played enough basketball with blacks to understand the gesture. However, for the President to say both team were shooting terrible didn't do much to build confidence in the young players.... a better statement such as "their shooting is a little off" or "they might be a little nervous". It is not too much to consider that both teams were somewhat nervous playing in front of two world leaders.

One cannot disagree that both teams were shooting terrible but sometimes the obvious need not to be stated. I wonder if Ohio State or Kentucky were shooting terribly if that would have been stated so clearly by our beloved President? ....just a thought

So let us cut Burwell some slack and make sure we vote for Obama in the fall.

Huh?

I like that President Obama was being honest. Both teams WERE horrible in the first half. He was only saying what everybody else on Twitter and Facebook were saying about the game. Besides NOBODY from either team heard him speaking at halftime anyway.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
*Returning from Sprang Break*

Some you all are so damn gullible and believe anything printed. Burwell even tweeted that all he did at Obama after hitting the 3 was wink and yell BOOM!

And what was yelling "Boom!" at the Pres suppose to be? I mean, what? Just play the game.

Yelling Boom, just like Gilbert Arenas used to yell Hibachi! when he started hitting shots, just like Jordan used to wag his tongue while he was dropping dudes off, it's not that big of a deal. The kid was happy he hit a shot with the shot clock running down in front of the President, end of story. Folks love taking mess and running with it, you would have thought the boy did backhand springs, cartwheels, and slapped Obama in the face.

Yelling Boom, just like Gilbert Arenas used to yell Hibachi! when he started hitting shots, just like Jordan used to wag his tongue while he was dropping dudes off, it's not that big of a deal. The kid was happy he hit a shot with the shot clock running down in front of the President, end of story. Folks love taking mess and running with it, you would have thought the boy did backhand springs, cartwheels, and slapped Obama in the face.

I read on another board that Burwell will end up on the Secret Service list, and his future is more than likely tarnished as a result of his antics in front of President Obama. LOL! The things people believe.

But at the President? Why not just play ball?

Back