MVSU

Devilsh1

The Preeminent One!
I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORT, BUT THE SWAC AND JUST FYI!!!!!!!
MVSU?S FIFTH PRESIDENT, DR. LESTER C. NEWMAN, RESIGNS
ITTA BENA, Miss. ? Mississippi Valley State University President Lester C. Newman announced his resignation today after serving nearly nine years as the chief institutional officer of the 57-year-old Itta Bena university.

His resignation will be effective as of July 15, 2007.

?I have a great love for Mississippi Valley State University,? said Newman, who became the institution?s fifth President in July of 1998. ?It is because of my love for Valley that I have made this decision. It is my hope that the faculty, staff, students and alumni will continue on the journey that we started toward preeminence and move the institution to new and greater heights.?

Newman said that he based his decision to resign on the need for both the University and him and the University to move forward, and he is excited about exploring other opportunities that have been presented to him.

During Newman?s presidency, MVSU experienced significant growth and development in a variety of areas throughout campus. The institution enjoyed documented increases in enrollment, faculty and staff salaries, as well as the number of academic programs. In addition, the campus has undergone significant changes in its landscape with the recent opening of a new multi-million dollar Business Education Building, the renovation of a number of other campus facilities and the addition of a new lake on the front of campus. The University is also currently constructing a new Science and Technology Building as well as two new state-of-the-art residence halls.

?I will leave Mississippi Valley State University with a great sense of pride in what we have been able to accomplish as an institution under my leadership,? said Newman. ?I sincerely hope that those who love the University will rally behind its new leadership and move forward to make Valley the premier regional institution that I know it can be.?

The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning will be responsible for naming an interim president for MVSU, with an announcement regarding the university?s new leadership expected soon.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORT, BUT THE SWAC AND JUST FYI!!!!!!!
MVSU?S FIFTH PRESIDENT, DR. LESTER C. NEWMAN, RESIGNS
ITTA BENA, Miss. ? Mississippi Valley State University President Lester C. Newman announced his resignation today after serving nearly nine years as the chief institutional officer of the 57-year-old Itta Bena university.

His resignation will be effective as of July 15, 2007.

?I have a great love for Mississippi Valley State University,? said Newman, who became the institution?s fifth President in July of 1998. ?It is because of my love for Valley that I have made this decision. It is my hope that the faculty, staff, students and alumni will continue on the journey that we started toward preeminence and move the institution to new and greater heights.?

Newman said that he based his decision to resign on the need for both the University and him and the University to move forward, and he is excited about exploring other opportunities that have been presented to him.

During Newman?s presidency, MVSU experienced significant growth and development in a variety of areas throughout campus. The institution enjoyed documented increases in enrollment, faculty and staff salaries, as well as the number of academic programs. In addition, the campus has undergone significant changes in its landscape with the recent opening of a new multi-million dollar Business Education Building, the renovation of a number of other campus facilities and the addition of a new lake on the front of campus. The University is also currently constructing a new Science and Technology Building as well as two new state-of-the-art residence halls.

?I will leave Mississippi Valley State University with a great sense of pride in what we have been able to accomplish as an institution under my leadership,? said Newman. ?I sincerely hope that those who love the University will rally behind its new leadership and move forward to make Valley the premier regional institution that I know it can be.?

The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning will be responsible for naming an interim president for MVSU, with an announcement regarding the university?s new leadership expected soon.

Than put it well it need to be. :rolleyes:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man them mofo are off the chain. They need to have those screened in porches in the Delta like they do in Florida. I swear i was held up by mosquito point and robbed of a pint of blood the last time I was at home. LOL

Back