Mr. Commish: FAMU at SU 2021

thought that was still speculation. didn't know that had been confirmed. then that non conference home game for su is gone forever & any talk of them playing non conference doesn't make sense unless it's been suggested that they play 2x in one season.

It is but the odds that jsu and famu wouldn't be in the same division is slim. su could play famu as a ooc game if they don't get scheduled as a conference game in the future. The commish don't care if schools play conference foes as ooc if they are not on the schedule so that could be a option for that return game in the future.

They are gonna be in the same division so it wouldn't matter. The only 2 schools that are being looked at to move to the West is Valley and Alcorn.

That is not what I am saying! If the SWAC has not yet determined its 2021 playing dates, how do FAMU/JSU know that Sept. 5, 2021 will be the date that they can play? The only way they could know that is if the SWAC has given them the nod. If that is true, then the SWAC has become complicit in the Miami game arrangement, and further, has acknowledged the non-conference 2020 contract between the 2 schools and acted accordingly. This is no different than the situation involving SU and FAMU. But I am not too concerned about it anymore because this confirms that 2021 will see FAMU at SU.

That is not what I am saying! If the SWAC has not yet determined its 2021 playing dates, how do FAMU/JSU know that Sept. 5, 2021 will be the date that they can play? The only way they could know that is if the SWAC has given them the nod. If that is true, then the SWAC has become complicit in the Miami game arrangement, and further, has acknowledged the non-conference 2020 contract between the 2 schools and acted accordingly. This is no different than the situation involving SU and FAMU. But I am not too concerned about it anymore because this confirms that 2021 will see FAMU at SU.

The two are not related. Their ooc game is cancelled by default and has no bearing on anything else. Their 2021 game will be a conference game and they have agreed on a date and has forwarded that date to the conference for scheduling in 2021. It's no difference than any other classic games that are scheduled for certain dates between conference foes.

It is but the odds that jsu and famu wouldn't be in the same division is slim. su could play famu as a ooc game if they don't get scheduled as a conference game in the future. The commish don't care if schools play conference foes as ooc if they are not on the schedule so that could be a option for that return game in the future.
so again, if they are not in the same division, the 2021 game may or may not be a conference game. that will depend on the schedule released by the conference. and to echo earle, they can not just schedule this game w/o a nod from the conference office b/c they create the master schedule.
so this game might be a non conference game between conference foes, or a conference game, crossover, or... between division foes. we don't know.

The SWAC conference just decided to allow FAMU to host JSU in Miami in 2021. Why wasn't FAMU made to return to JSU as a conference member in 2021? The answer is that the non-conference contract between JSU and FAMU to play in Jackson in 2020 was taken into consideration. This is exactly the situation with SU and FAMU that gave rise to this thread. How can it be such a wonderful idea for JSU and FAMU, but such a bad idea for SU and FAMU? If FAMU does not visit Baton Rouge in 2021, then there is some bias somewhere.
This is not true! The JSU/FAMU matchup in Miami was already done before the game in Jackson was scheduled! Miami’s game was done early in June.

The SWAC conference just decided to allow FAMU to host JSU in Miami in 2021. Why wasn't FAMU made to return to JSU as a conference member in 2021? The answer is that the non-conference contract between JSU and FAMU to play in Jackson in 2020 was taken into consideration. This is exactly the situation with SU and FAMU that gave rise to this thread. How can it be such a wonderful idea for JSU and FAMU, but such a bad idea for SU and FAMU? If FAMU does not visit Baton Rouge in 2021, then there is some bias somewhere.

You dont know what was in those negotiations. Actually, I dont either but I when the announcement was made, it was suggested that the game in Miami was already part of the conversation. The conference was not involved.

Back