Movies...

Venom Skywalker

S. Enigma
Memoirs of a Geisha - Very good. Interesting story.

The Ringer - After you get past the humor of a dude trying to fix the special olympics (which is good for about 30 mins of laughs) this moive gets boring REAL fast.

King Kong - Good movie. Would be better if it wasnt so long.

Venom Skywalker said:
Memoirs of a Geisha - Very good. Interesting story.

The Ringer - After you get past the humor of a dude trying to fix the special olympics (which is good for about 30 mins of laughs) this moive gets boring REAL fast.

King Kong - Good movie. Would be better if it wasnt so long.
I heard King Kong was too long...I'll wait until they release it on DVD.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
King Kong was the bomb! After they got pass all that love and googly eyes stuff, it was on and poppin. King Kong had to be a brotha just by the way he handle himself. :nod:

Yeah I heard King Kong was 3 hours. At my age, I have a difficult time staying awake for a movie that long. I have to take a lil nap at some point. So, no King Kong in the theater for me. :(

I loved King Kong. I saw it Christmas Day, and though it was 3 hours long, it moved pretty quickly. I remember looking at my watch, and couldn't believe that I was in there for 2 1/2 hours, that time just flew by.

King Kong has always been one of my favorite love stories, and favorite movies, but this depiction of the movie finally shows the indepth relationship between the 2. It won't be up for best picture because the story has been done twice already, but it will probably be up for a few special effects awards when the movie award shows start rolling around. A far cry from the toy Kong in the original, or the stiff in the monkey suit for the 1st remake.

Naomi Watts did a good job, but not better than her predecessor's, and Beans you're right, Kong must've had some brother in him, because he was a arse kicking muthaphugga.

If you like good movies, you should view this one in the theather. I don't think it will have the same effect at home, as it will in the auditorium. Again, it moves really fast, there's plenty of action, and quite a few laughs. You don't know movie last 3 hours, trust me, and I caught the 8:15 PM show.

NICE

JSTUS said:
Yeah I heard King Kong was 3 hours. At my age, I have a difficult time staying awake for a movie that long. I have to take a lil nap at some point. So, no King Kong in the theater for me. :(
J, trust me. You'll stay awake. My sister-in-law will fall asleep eating, but she stayed awake during the whole movie. And Nice is right, that 3 hours will go by just like you was watching a movie for 1 1/2 hrs.

Nice, did you see how he flung ole girl? LOL! Straight Black!

Well where I was a lot of people were walking out early because it was entirely too long. I'm in the movies 1 or 2 times a week and I was squiriming in my seat waiting for the movie to end.

The wifey and I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia......Pretty Good......Childhood Magical Movie.....

Blacknbengal said:
Venom, I take it that you dont care for animation or King Kong.

I've never seen the previous two movies so I wasnt passionate about Kong to begin with. It was just another blockbuster that I wanted to check out. They spent too much time trying to set up getting to the island. The scene running from the dinasaurs could have been a lot shorter as well as the fight scene with the T-Rex. By the time he climbed the Empire State Bldg, I was sitting there thinking "just die already"...lol.

Back