Movie Review (black Hawk Down)

86 if u say it's cool.....

I'm one of those critics that rip apart military movies. I sometimes can't get past the military idioms that they try to replicate in the movies that come off as cheesy. But if you say it's cool then I'll peep it. :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
MB, I had to check it for myself after reading the book (another required reading) because of that same sentiment about military movies. This movie struck home because (my feelings) the bureacrats here in Washington F$%^&* it up after they sent the Marines home prior to the summer of '93. I was the Task Force Fire Support Officer of the Division Ready Force waiting to go when some tie wearing gentlemen decided not to send mechanized forces with the M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicles with the 20 MM chain gun and Armor Protection. Someone wanted to send in the 75th Ranger Regiment and Delta Forces with Humvees and 5 Ton Trucks.

King of Battle !!!

Aw man, I didnt know you were an FA officer. I was (ADA) a Vulcan Platoon Ldr. in the gulf and a Patriot battery commander. I know all about dat FA bruh......

"M-109 sittin on the ground, fire mission, fire mission coming down!!!" FDC this is OP left, give me a dose of that silent DEATH !!

"SHOOT !!! MOVE & COMMUNICATE !!!!
"BOOM, BOOM !!!"

I hear ya on those suit wearing types playa. Aint never laced up a pair of boots and wanna tell you your job. I was in the 3rd ACR in the gulf...aint nuttin like some armor rolling on dat ass.
I just wish those boys Ain Somalia did not die like they did, My philosophy is if you got it use it.

11 Years as a Redleg

MB, do not miss that SCHNIT at all. Spent 11 years as a Mechanized FA Guy. Commanded a Target Acquisition Battery in the 24th and got the hell out of Artillery and became a Public Affairs guy. Dude, it was sad to read about the deaths and to see it in the movie. However, when I sent five of my FOs over there in October of '93, they told me that they could not tell who was the enemy or who was a good guy/gal.

Yeah, the Rangers and D-Boys along with the Silent Night Stalkers took one on the chin because of the "Playas" here in Washington.

There was something about lobing a few shells 18 clicks.

I used to tell the TF Cdr, just call me when you need some help or I would tell the CO Cdrs; "My FSO will get you out of a bind, just tell him where you want it."

If the Mech Forces had of went in, death on both sides would of been minimum.

Good to know there are fellow military officers here.
I'm a Medical Service Corps officer, I was in the 3457th Med. Training Ctr. A alternate campus to Ft Sam Houston located in Houston.

Back