Movie Downloads, Programs, and the people that Rate Them

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Direct Connect is another good way to find those movies...

just look it up on yahoo.. I forgot the url.

Now i have a question...

Unknown or Makaho, this may be for you...

I donwloaded John Q and it works fine, but How High said it needed a Div3 decompressor. I DID THAT... then it said, it needs a MP43... I DID THAT... now it says it needs a DIV3 decompressor again.

WTH? The rest of them work just fine!

make sure you have the latest divx codec.. it is up to 4.x by now...

go to

http://www.divx.com

and get the pack from the download section....

and it wouldn't hurt to download powerdvd.. I like it a lil better than wmp..

Did you get both *Part 1 and *Part 2 of 'How High'

I just thought about it... I have *Part 1 on my Webspace...
I also have a Codec that may work for you... It's 'ANGELPOTION'

Just check my site... I didn't think about it until you posted that question or I would have told you earlier...

Also, DivX 4.11 is the latest Codec, which I need to upload, i'll make an attempt to remember to bring me VIDEO CODECS with me tomorrow to upload to my webspace.

Either way see if that AngelPotion VideoCodec works for you.

Check it out: SlickSpace

-Holla back

I kept being directed to the Divxgear site and it appeared to have the right downloads, but once i clicked on the link, I was taken to a non-working page. I think I got the MP43 thing from Shareware.com/C-net!

I'll check those sites out... Thanks!

I think they are working...

Oh yeah, I have both parts to How High...

YEP.. THEY ARE WORKING!!! I went to the DivX site... Thanks!

:eek2: *looking at the clock* I've got to be at work in 30mins and i'm NOT READY!!! :eek2:

Man, Queen of the Damned sucked.... oops, wrong thread :D

Anyway, y'all ever try the Gnutella netowork? I know it hasn't been as easy to work as kazaa (esp. since Morpheus came on board), but I wonder if it's got more variety since it's been out there longer. I hear LimeWire (http://www.limewire.com) is a good program for accessing it, but you gotta cough up some funds to get it. I'm :cool: with Morpheus for the moment, but I might have to try out the Lime. Any thoughts?

I can't get 'LimeWire' to work on my system, it keeps giving me errors after I install it.

I'm using WIN2000 and ME...
I can't remember which OS gave me the error message though... I think it was ME... not sure though.

I buddy of mine using 'LimeWire', but very little.

LimWire didn't work, huh?

Hmm, I dunno if it's set up to work on Win2000, but I woulda expected it to work on ME. Only 'cause ME's basically a 3rd edition of '98, and it should work on '98. I haven't used it, but my cousin did he gave it to me to put on my '98SE system. He's got XP, so maybe I'm assuming too much by thinkin' it'll work for me. I can't think of anything that can be done about it, cept maybe going by limewire.com and see if they offer support.

A neat thing about LimeWire is that they let you search for more than one item at the same time. Last I checked, Morpheus doesn't. I'm thinking of having both to have access to Gnutella and Kazaa networks, but I'm guessing you'll run into some of the same folks on both.

Anyone on here try LimeWire yet or something else to access Gnutella?

I did the Limewire thing...

Right after the bust with Napster, I tried Bearshare and Limewire... I didn't really care for Limewire, althought it got the job done. The response is nothing like Napster or Morph and even with a lot of users, some of the songs i wanted were never there. As a matter of fact, I think i still have that on my pc, but it's Win98. Have you ever tried Audiogalaxy? The people that I know with it.. like it. I've never tried it.

My way of sharing with people I know in other cities... I have these winamp lockers with like 3-5GB of space. I'd upload songs onto there and theywould download them as well as upload some songs.

OKAY... The new morpheus

It's slower... at least to me. The results come back really slow. I'm not understanding which is better to download. On the other one I would just pick the one wit the lowest download time..

The new Morpheus needs help

Maybe I haven't figured it out yet since it's new, but this new Morpheus seems to have a bunch of bugs. It's a preview version though, so I understand. Why they won't let the old Morpheus work, though, is beyond me :rolleyes:

The new Morpheus is good in that it allows you to do more than one search at a time, and it sets up different tabs for each search. Also, it does an automatic retry when it can't get a file downloaded for you. The default time before it retries is 30 seconds, but you can change that. And it's on the Gnutella network now (I thought it used kazaa before). All in all, it's ok (I guess), but I miss the selection options (pics, audio, video, etc) and it doesn't have as many people on it yet. I guess that'll change when everyone upgrades.

BTW...Morpheus help...

I'm only posting this cause it gave me problems and I just happened to stumble across the answer. Maybe you've noticed this problem, too.

If you are using the Preview version of Morpheus, you may have noticed that when you minimize the window, it disappears. It's not even on the tasbar. And I couldn't open it from the background icon.

Here's how to solve that: Go to Edit - Preferences. In Local Properties, uncheck "Send Morpheus to tray when minimized". That's it :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It stayed...

When i minimized it, it remained on my taskbar.

This one comes back with a lot of results....

So, the old one doesn't work anymore??

Nope!

Old version of Morpheus (v.1.3.3) says "Your version of Morpheus is too old to connect to the network. Please download updated version from www.musiccity.com". Ain't it a hoot!

The Bloodsuckers...

I guess it's okay, but i liked the old version better. I liked the way it looked! So since this is a preview version... what will we do once the preview is over? Are they going to switch back, or are they working on a newer and better Morpheus?

I say, bring back Napster. It was better than all of them.

Morpheus is goin down!

Seems a lotta folks like Morpheus betta the old way - I know I did!!! CNET news is reporting that the reason why Morpheus dropped it's old version (& went from KaZaa to Gnutella network) is cause Morpheus wasn't payin the bills :D They didn't pay the KaZaa licensing bill, so KaZaa shut 'em off. Morpheus claims KaZaa was being underhanded. Yeah, no honor amongst theives but, your honor, trading copyrighted stuff is perfectly legal :lol:

Anyway, Morpheus will probably come with another upgrade after they've finished getting the bugs out. I hope Morpheus members will go 'head & upgrade, cause I've only been getting a few hundred users so far and a few hundred megs of stuff. Morpheus is a sad example of what it was. Oh well.

Which is better Music Match Jukebox or realplayer? I'm thinking about buying the full versions of one of these.

Why buy - they're free!!

Honestly, jelli, I hoped someone else would respond to this, cause I haven't used either one of them for their enhanced versions. I'd default to MusicMatch, though, just cause I don't like how RealPlayer wants to record everything in their format rather than mp3. If they do allow mp3, then again, I'd say it's a tossup.

I looked at MusicMatch's features, and it seems they have better stuff - CD burning, recording to MP3. However, if you already have a CD recorder, you probably already have a program (like Easy CD Creator) that can record the stuff. If you need to record to MP3, you might want to try WinAmp - it's free and they have a plug-in that'll allow you to convert music to WAV or MP3. You can also use a really easy program called Right-click MP3 to change files from WAV to MP3 & vice-versa, simply by right clicking on them & selecting an option. It's also free; Click here (CNET.com) for more info.

Ya might as well go free - I'd rather see ya save money ;)

I am currently using the beta version of music match. It does allow you t orecord in other formats ie. mp3 and wav. I can also use it to burn cds and create palylist that I can import into my Nero Burning rom software, which I use the burn cds. I was thinking of purchasing the full version to get all the capabilities. I didn't know real player won't let you record in any other version. I don't much care for winamp. Its a bit confusing to me. :goof:

I feel ya jelli

WinAmp can get a bit confusing, but I'm just so used to it I'd be like a fish outta water using something else! I'd say keep MusicMatch for the playlists, but I wouldn't buy it. Try Right-Click MP3 for your WAV to MP3 conversions & vice versa. Use the link I provided above. Once you install the software, all you have to do is right click on a file, select your option, and fire away! You can also rip CDs with it - go to this site & click "CD Ripping" to find out how.

Back