Morris Brown at the brink (BIG TROUBLE)

That is horrible. How can you run an institution and be unaware that you owe that many people that much money?

I feel sorry for the kids.

:(

I hate to say it but I think they are going to lose their accreditation. Based on 6 years, their graduation rate is 25% and their endowment is $5mil. Unless someone feels sorry for them and donate all the money I do not see it happening for MOB. No financial aid for the students.. how are they paying... I am sure they are losing students daily b/c of these incidents.

My homegirl just withdrew last week and got in some mini-semesters at Georgia State. They turned down all her transfer credits and made her start over from 0.....and she was a junior. :smh:

Remember one of the first people who questioned the move of them possibly going into the SWAC? Yes, it was me. But at the time that I first heard them trying to get into the SWAC, I did not realize that their finances were this bad.

I do not say this to insult the school. After all my aunt married an AME minister who is a Morris Brown grad. (BTW I am a Baptist.) I have been to his church from time to time.

But I have known a quite a few Morris Brown grads and know that they give kids a chance that the other AU schools and most other schools will not usually do. I think that Morris Brown was the only school in the AUC founded by Blacks. (It's first classes were in Big Bethel AME Church.) So this would be a big blow to lose the school.

ummmm unknown,

Either your friend is a fool for letting 2+ years of credit go down the drain or she's lying to you. At this point, MoBrown is still accredited. I can't see how all of her credit hours would have been denied.

Well, maybe she was taking up basket weaving at MoB and now she is trying to change her major to Political Science or Business or something.

LOL!!!!

Even if she was changing majors, I'm sure some of her core courses would have transferred. Especially to GA State. It used to be a whole lot of former AUC students who transferred over there and I doubt if they had to start over.

If I am not mistaken, I thought credits should transfer as long as the school is accredited. Interesting...

It doesnt matter how many credits transferred....all of those classes she took there were switched to electives.....they did the majority of my credits from ASU the same way when I transferred....even though the school was still accredited. I didnt have to start all the way over.....but it was bad enough. Just because your credits transfer DOES NOT mean that MBC's History will equal GSU's History. I learned that the hard way. So if you have 40 credits to transfer and 30 of them transfer to electives....you might as well say you only transferred 10 credits.

Back