Morgan State investigating altercation between Morgan State football team and Norfolk State band

bernard

THEE Realist
Morgan State vice president and director for athletics Dena Freeman-Patton released a statement Sunday evening saying it is investigating an altercation between the Bears’ football team and the Norfolk State band on Saturday.

“Apart from the positive aspects of the game and its outcome, it has come to our attention that during the day’s activities, an incident transpired resulting in an altercation between parties from both universities, particularly involving members of the football team and the Spartan band,” Freeman-Patton said in the release posted on X, formerly Twitter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQDiDYvcrNo

Wow, my mind is all over the place with random thoughts on this.

It could be easy for someone like me to judge and say this shouldn't have happened and what not, until I remind myself that while this is not common, it is definitely not new and for generations before this including my own (The Freaknic generation at its height of popularity), we really should be grateful there were no cameras or social media like there are now. If there was, these youngsters might not be able to hold a candle to some of the things that may have possible gone down. LOL, but in all seriousness, I hope it gets resolved as we know, these young people got next with regards to leadership.

Morgan State has had such a rough year. I speak that Melvin Hines, MSU AD from my hometown and neighborhood is holding it down still. That homecoming situation was just so unfortunate.

Wow, my mind is all over the place with random thoughts on this.

It could be easy for someone like me to judge and say this shouldn't have happened and what not, until I remind myself that while this is not common, it is definitely not new and for generations before this including my own (The Freaknic generation at its height of popularity), we really should be grateful there were no cameras or social media like there are now. If there was, these youngsters might not be able to hold a candle to some of the things that may have possible gone down. LOL, but in all seriousness, I hope it gets resolved as we know, these young people got next with regards to leadership.

Morgan State has had such a rough year. I speak that Melvin Hines, MSU AD from my hometown and neighborhood is holding it down still. That homecoming situation was just so unfortunate.
So true. Whew thank goodness. lol

Them Norfolk State flag boys fight all the time… Just because they got they ass whipped don’t mean they innocent. Them grown men jump on folks all the time. I said after the time they beat up them folks at A&T that SOMEDAY somebody was going to beat them to sleep.

Them Norfolk State flag boys fight all the time… Just because they got they ass whipped don’t mean they innocent. Them grown men jump on folks all the time. I said after the time they beat up them folks at A&T that SOMEDAY somebody was going to beat them to sleep.
Flag Boys????

This is definitely not a good look for the Organizations.
Hopefully no one got Majorly Hurt. This is why Security is needed at all times.
"it could have been PERSONAL"

Back