Morehouse College

JagBR

What they are wearing........................
www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/college.dress.code/index.html?eref=igoogle

StumbleUpon

All-male college cracks down on cross-dressingStory Highlights
Morehouse College's new dress code outlaws women's clothes

Pajamas in public, sagging pants also prohibited at historically black college

"Appropriate Attire Policy" has garnered mixed reviews from students

updated 5:52 a.m. EDT, Sat October 17, 2009Next Article in U.S. »

By Lateef Mungin
CNN

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- An all-male college in Atlanta, Georgia, has banned the wearing of women's clothes, makeup, high heels and purses as part of a new crackdown on what the institution calls inappropriate attire.

William Bynum says he discussed the new dress-wearing ban policy with Morehouse's campus gay organization.

No dress-wearing is part of a larger dress code launched this week that Morehouse College is calling its "Appropriate Attire Policy."

The policy also bans wearing hats in buildings, pajamas in public, do-rags, sagging pants, sunglasses in class and walking barefoot on campus.

However, it is the ban on cross-dressing that has brought national attention to the small historically African-American college.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back in the day, that was a prominent Black University.

It still is a prominent Black University. Let's be honest and take off the glasses. There have always been rumors of a bunch of MoreHouse guys being gay. Just like Spelman girls being gay. Take all those all male schools and you will fin the same thing.

I actually thought Morehouse already had a dress-code!!

Does Hampton have a dress-code? I honestly though all those Private HBCU's had dress-codes!! LOL

They got all those other rules (curfews, etc.).

I'm not mad at Morehouse...I think college is not only a place for higher learning but also supposed to prepare its students for the work world. Some things just shouldn't be accepted.

Maybe not a suit/tie/etc. But sagging jeans, hats cocked to the side, hair looking a mess...that stuff makes the university look bad.

Sweats are fine...you expect college students to be in sweats. But imagine if you are a parent bringing your child to the university and the students walking around look like they belong outside of Fenger High School on the south side of CHicago!!! :shame:

I think the dress code is a step in the right direction. I'm tired of these dudes/women who crossdress continuing to force their agenda.

If the expectation at Morehouse is that you dress like a well-respected man, then maybe Morehouse isn't the place for a cross dresser. Is that wrong?

If the expectation at Morehouse is that you dress like a well-respected man, then maybe Morehouse isn't the place for a cross dresser. Is that wrong?

Not at all. :tup: I commend Morehouse for doing it; if anything, I honestly didn't know it was that bad to where they would have to enforce a dress code. :smh:

Besides- I'm sure that Dr. Martin L. King, Maynard Jackson, and Spike Lee didn't wear high-heels to class. :rolleyes: :smh:

Who would've thought people would have to put in place a dress code policy that includes men are not to wear stilletto pumps. :smh: we are truly living in some sick and sad times.

I agree......but the sad part are those folks out there that feel that thier civil rights have been violated by Morehouse taking the steps to ensure that it's standard remains in tact.........:shame:

Man yall should listened to the Mike Basiden show yesterday. Those folk were calling in like the world had come to an end, because they couldn't wear dresses any more. :shame:

Its a Private Institution of Higher Learning... If Youre Mad because youre not allowed to wear pumps n a bump.... Just Transfer...:noidea:

Its a Private Institution of Higher Learning... If Youre Mad because youre not allowed to wear pumps n a bump.... Just Transfer...:noidea:

Does anyone have any pictures? They must be trying to annoy people or attract attention by wearing female attire. Very, very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the real housewives of atlanta - one of the gays was wearing womens shoes. Is the the gay thing to do in atlanta?

Back