Monthly Empowerment (ME): January 2021

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello all!

2020 is gone, and 2021 has seen 10 days so far. I hope you all continue to be virus-free, happy, and in good spirit! God has safely ushered us in to a New Year. I am so thankful He kept me and my family throughout 2020. For me, last year allowed me to slow down and get away from the traditional worship of God. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Worship Service, and I miss my church family, but I have thoroughly enjoyed getting back to the basics of God by having more one-on-one private Worship to God! I hope you all have been using this time to be still and hear from God, too. I never fully valued how good it is to just be still and allow God to talk and fill me.

This year's monthly message will be simply titled "Monthly Empowerment" or ME. Please enjoy!

Fear the Lord
Walk in His Ways

Psalm 128

As Creator of Heaven and earth, God is the Owner of all things. He owns everything in the world,

“The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness, thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein”
-Psalm 24:

God claims complete ownership over all creation. Throughout the Bible we find Scripture that records God’s complete and comprehensive ownership of all His creation:

• “The heavens are thine; the earth also is thine; as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them”-Psalm 89:11 (KJV)
  • “For the earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof”-1 Corinthians 10:26 (KJV)
  • Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power, for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created”-Revelations 4:11 (KJV).
So, if God owns everything, that means we own nothing! We are managers, or stewards. Biblically defined, a steward is a Believer who is responsible to manage what has been entrusted them by God. One of our responsibilities as Christian stewards, that falls under God’s covenantal spheres where all life is under His rule, is our personal stewardship to fear the Lord. What does it mean to fear the Lord?

Fearing God is synonymous with taking Him seriously. To fear God simply means to take Him seriously as opposed to taking Him casually. Today, too many people take good casually. He’s good for increase, overflow, abundance, and finances as long as He doesn’t interrupt the affairs of my day. God is good enough to bestow favor upon me as long as He doesn’t ask too much of me or asks me to go outside my comfort zone. God is not taken seriously today, but the favor He graciously offers is directly proportional to the fear He demands:

“Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord”-Psalm 128:1 (KJV)​

How do you know if you fear God? How do you know if you’re not just talking ‘Christianese’? How do you know if you’re not just giving ‘lip service’?

Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord, THAT WALKETH IN HIS WAYS”-Psalm 128:1 (KJV)​

You don’t fear God with your lips, but with your life. You don’t fear God with your mouth, but with your movement. You don’t fear God with your talk, but with your walk. If you really want to know if you truly fear God, look down and see which direction your feet are moving! If you’re walking in alignment of His word and under His rule, YOU FEAR THE LORD!

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delighteth in His way”-Psalm 37:23 (KJV)
This year, make time to fit a little "walk" in to your daily schedule! It will be good for your body and your soul!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Some material from Dr. Tony Evans'
"Kingdom Stewardship"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back