'Montgomery City Council considers Mardi Gras' ...hmmm

SlickPartna

Client & Player President
Council OKs commitee to study Mardi Gras

MONTGOMERY ? Montgomery might be one step closer to a Mardi Gras celebration in coming years.

The City Council unanimously approved District 3 Councilman Terance Dawson?s request to form a committee to study the possibility of having a Mardi Gras in the city.

Dawson said a Mardi Gras event will generate revenue for the city.

The Mardi Gras idea caught on with council President Alice Reynolds reminding the council similar celebrations in other cities are sponsored by private enterprise.

Good luck. Mardi Gras is definitely a big economic gain for a city. In my hometown, which has about 50,000 residents, just the parade alone attracts over 80,000 people every year. There is an after celebration on the banks of the river. Terrific opportunity, also, for small businesses to set up booths and get exposure.

Good luck with that, Montgomery! I know one thing, you can't tell people that what they can and can't do at Mardi Gras (or St. Patrick's Day in Savannah, Ga)! I have seen some wild isht at those events.

On a side note, I just found out that Fat Tuesday is next week!! I guess I'll be going down there after our game with Valley!!

Back