Money Continues to Flow Into Jukebox Coffers

It's just amazing. This is a post congratulating the band for gaining a valuable partnership with a strong corporate entity , and we have folks whose programs have a million issues coming in trying to hate on and attack Haymer and the band program. Then they want to claim they aren't obsessed.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It's just amazing. This is a post congratulating the band for gaining a valuable partnership with a strong Corporate entity. And we have folks who's programs have a million issues coming in trying to hate on and attack Haymer and the band program. Then want to claim they aren't obsessed.

8E5591E3-091F-4656-BF58-BF5C210F2DD0.jpeg

Dude worry about the fact that TXSU can't get the Houston kids to join their band program because they're all heading to SU and PV.

The band has always been mostly Houston natives. Also there are a bunch of Baton Rouge kids in our band and always has been since I was there ... I don't blame them. Life in Houston (world class big city) or Life in BR (small city)... no brainer ... Houston all day everyday.

The band has always been mostly Houston natives. Also there are a bunch of Baton Rouge kids in our band and always has been since I was there ... I don't blame them. Life in Houston (world class big city) or Life in BR (small city)... no brainer ... Houston all day everyday.

If Houston is that great, why hasn't everybody relocated there? Everybody is not a fan of big city living. I certainly am not, although I have had my fill of big city life. I will never again live in a big city. Houston is a wonderful city, but it is too big for me. I do not consider having to spend 21/2 hours in traffic getting to and from work a tenant of "quality of life." Even Baton Rouge, with a metro population just under 1 million, can pose a daunting challenge to traffic mobility. In case you didn't know it, Baton Rouge ranks very high in several "medium-sized city" quality of life categories. It is one of the foremost medium-sized cities in America.

Last edited:
If Houston is that great, why hasn't everybody relocated there? Everybody is not a fan of big city living. I certainly am not, although I have had my fill of big city life. I will never again live in a big city. Houston is a wonderful city, but it is too big for me. I do not consider having to spend 21/2 hours in traffic getting to and from work a tenant of "quality of life." Even Baton Rouge, with a metro population just under 1 million, can pose a daunting challenge to traffic mobility. In case you didn't know it, Baton Rouge ranks very high in several "medium-sized city" quality of life categories. It is one of the foremost medium-sized cities in America.

Never said everybody was bout that big city life .... not everyone can cut it. There were a couple of people I know who went back to their small towns b/c they said Houston was too big and too fast. People are definitely less friendlier/trustful and traffic can be bad sometimes ... only bad things I can think of. But I can think of a million good things about Houston or big cities.

Never said everybody was bout that big city life .... not everyone can cut it. There were a couple of people I know who went back to their small towns b/c they said Houston was too big and too fast. People are definitely less friendlier/trustful and traffic can be bad sometimes ... only bad things I can think of. But I can think of a million good things about Houston or big cities.

Could you cite a few of those one million good things about Houston? And are you suggesting that those things, aside from professional sports teams, cannot be enjoyed in cities such as Baton Rouge?

Could you cite a few of those one million good things about Houston? And are you suggesting that those things, aside from professional sports teams, cannot be enjoyed in cities such as Baton Rouge?

Really? OK, the best shopping options (Galleria is the largest mall in the South), the best dining options (the most restaurants per capita in the South), the best entertainment, the skyline is breath-taking at night, the best school options, plethora of JOBS, big events (SuperBowl, NCAA Final Four, NBA All-Star Weekend, etc), beautiful suburbs (Missouri City is one of my favs), you don't always run into the same people so dating is better, Houston is home to one of the largest HBCUs in the nation with over 10,000 students and Houston groomed and inspired Beyonce (she grew up down the street from TSU) .... I can go on and on.

To me, the quality of life is better in a bigger city. Everyone is different, I spent time in smaller cities and I always hated it and couldn't wait to get to the big city. I'm a true city slicker. That's why I don't travel to SWAC games, none are in big cities.

Last edited:
Really? OK, the best shopping options (Galleria is the largest mall in the South), the best dining options (the most restaurants per capita in the South), the best entertainment, the skyline is breath-taking at night, the best school options, plethora of JOBS, big events (SuperBowl, NCAA Final Four, NBA All-Star Weekend, etc), beautiful suburbs (Missouri City is one of my favs), you don't always run into the same people so dating is better, Houston is home to one of the largest HBCUs in the nation with over 10,000 students and Houston groomed and inspired Beyonce (she grew up down the street from TSU) .... I can go on and on.

To me, the quality of life is better in a bigger city. Everyone is different, I spent time in smaller cities and I always hated it and couldn't wait to get to the big city. I'm a true city slicker. That's why I don't travel to SWAC games, none are in big cities.
So please explain the large number of Houston and SE Texas members in our band?

Some may want to move away from BR to experience something new, but your band also drops a huge amount of scholarship money to try and get talent because their Houston pipeline is running dry due to the popularity of SU and PV in that area.

Next time you want to "toot your horn", fact check first!
mod.gif

WTF are you talking about? You’ve gotta be the poster child of Du’Masses. LMAO!!

A portion of the more than 1 million dollar award to SU made by alumnus Tony Clayton during the Bayou Classic will go to benefit the Human Jukebox and the Department of Music at the university.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Add the Dancing Dolls to the list...

Man see?! This some bullshat right cheah. I've always turned my nose up @ young gulz... until now. :-| Y'all trying to make me turn into a dirty old man sugar-daddy. I REALLY want that young lady who is the lead for the Dancing Dolls. There is NOTHING young girl about her; she's ALL woman. Don'tchall make me send that young lady to graduate school on my dime. Don't do it I say! *slap!* *slap!*

Reactions: JR
Man see?! This some bullshat right cheah. I've always turned my nose up @ young gulz... until now. :-| Y'all trying to make me turn into a dirty old man sugar-daddy. I REALLY want that young lady who is the lead for the Dancing Dolls. There is NOTHING young girl about her; she's ALL woman. Don'tchall make me send that young lady to graduate school on my dime. Don't do it I say! *slap!* *slap!*

Here, you can use some of this.

images

Here, you can use some of this.

images

Thank ya'. You wanna' donate to my cause too since you all up in the biz? I accept paypal. GetIt.com . Dayam Jags y'all got hatahs everywhere uncaged freely roaming the earth, unfortunately.

lol :D

On June 22, 2018, the New Orleans law firm of Didriksen, Saucier, Woods, & Pichon presented a check in the amount of a quarter million dollars to Dr. Ray Belton, President/Chancellor and Mr. Roman Banks, A.D. as a donation to SU athletes in support of the Tony Clayton Championship Plaza and the HUMAN JUKEBOX. Additionally, Tony Clayton's daughter, Janelle (sp) Clayton, presented a check in the amount of $50,000 for the very same purpose. The donation is currently the feature article on gojagsports.com

I’ve seen a lot Da Edge’s work and it’s all been good, but I have to say this has to be the BEST capture of the Dancing Dolls ever!

I’m not ashamed to say that I admire how Southern University markets and promotes their school. Nothing like using your own to fully and accurately capture your university and its features.

I love the commercial.:)

Back