Money Continues to Flow Into Jukebox Coffers

Earle

Today Todd Graves, founder and CEO of Raising Canes Chicken Fingers, headquarterd in Baton Rouge, awarded the Jukebox a portion of a one million dollar check that he presented to Southern University. Dr. Ray Belton, Nathan Haymer, and the Jukebox were on hand to accept the donation that will be used for academic scholarships and athletics in addition to the Jukebox. In presenting the check, Graves acknowledged that the Human Jukebox had indeed achieved status as a "national band." Geaux Jags!

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Today Todd Graves, founder and CEO of Raising Cane;s Chicken Fingers headquarterd in Baton Rouge, awarded the Jukebox a portion of a one million check that he presented to Southern university. Dr. Ray Belton, Nathan Haymer, and the Jukebox were on hand to accept the donation that will be used for academic scholarships and athletics in addition to the Jukebox. In presenting the check, Graves acknowledged that the Human Jukebox had indeed achieved status as a "national band." Geaux Jags!

Yea , the Jukebox appears in a new Raising Canes commercial and have a multi-year deal already in place with the Jukebox I’m told. And yes, we are the official marching band for rasing Canes, (not LSU, in my shady voice) lol

Today Todd Graves, founder and CEO of Raising Cane;s Chicken Fingers headquarterd in Baton Rouge, awarded the Jukebox a portion of a one million check that he presented to Southern university. Dr. Ray Belton, Nathan Haymer, and the Jukebox were on hand to accept the donation that will be used for academic scholarships and athletics in addition to the Jukebox. In presenting the check, Graves acknowledged that the Human Jukebox had indeed achieved status as a "national band." Geaux Jags!

I believe the Jukebox got $500,000 of the 1 milli.

FOX NEWS viewers raised over 500K for Talladega College's band. I ain't hating, I'm congratulating. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!

That was money raised to help send the Talladega Band to Donald Trump's Inauguration Parade which is different than a half million to do whatever you wish with it!.

Last edited:
Would never have thought Raising Canes would come out of BR.

Why? Todd Graves started Canes while still a student at LSU. His first store was opened just outside the front gates of LSU. I read recently where the restaurant was among the top 3 chicken entities in the country. The company is headquartered in the IBM tower in downtown Baton Rouge.

Why? Todd Graves started Canes while still a student at LSU. His first store was opened just outside the front gates of LSU. I read recently where the restaurant was among the top 3 chicken entities in the country. The company is headquartered in the IBM tower in downtown Baton Rouge.

Doesn't seem to have a Louisiana flare to it. Southern yes but I always expect a little something extra coming from Louisiana (pun intended). Aside from that I love the place though my kids have burned me out on it.

Cane's is definitely a Louisiana restaurant. My younger sister and her husband were some of its first customers when they were undergrad students at LSU. When it comes to marketing, the big difference in Cane's and Popeye's is that Cane's do not add Louisiana in its name. There are only a few in Virginia (Charlottesville, Richmond, and Norfolk) and the students love that place. There's a Cane's right next to the Popeye's in Charlottesville and Cane's is definitely way more popular. I think Popeye's missed its opportunity to use Southern's band as a marketing tool. All Popeye's has now is some Black female pretending to have a Creole-French accent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Way to go Jukes!

If people thought Nate was arrogant before, they haven't seen anything yet. I already know this will go straight to his head and he will be even more obnoxious.

J
Please provide a link to support your belief that the Jukebox got $500,000. Your post is fake news without a link. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

Y’all get so caught up on BS. Doesn’t matter what entity what, what’s matter is the school is building the right partnership.

Clearly you fon
Way to go Jukes!

If people thought Nate was arrogant before, they haven't seen anything yet. I already know this will go straight to his head and he will be even more obnoxious.

Clearly you don’t know Nate. Apparently, his arrogance is working. If arrogance gets you:

1. More corporate partnerships than every before.
2. Highest scholarship/operating budget than ever before.
3. Alumni Engagement higher than ever b4.
4. Long overdue staff raises.

I guess I will take his arrogance. Maybe some other directors should take notes. While y’all on here worried about his arrogance, he is in business meetings working to ensue his students have what they have so long deserved.

Back