MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STUDENTS ARRESTED FOR ARMED ROBBERY.....

ATLBRAVE

AtlBrave
IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD THAT YOU GOT TO ROB SOMEONE!!!!!:shame:

April 12, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT
Two college students arrested in connection to Ridgeland robbery

By Andrew Nelson
ajnelson@clarionledger.com

Ridgeland police have arrested two men suspected in a strong-arm robbery at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.

About 8 a.m. March 28, a woman leaving the store and getting into her car when a man approached her and asked for directions. When she turned to look at him, he reached in, grabbed her purse, and took off running.

Later, one of the woman?s credit cards was used in a store in Greenwood. Ridgeland investigators contacted the store and the clerk told them that he recognized them as students at Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena.

Ridgeland investigators showed the security video from the store to campus police, who identified the students as Cornelius Harris, 18, and Braxton Gardner, 20.

Gardner was arrested on April 4. Harris was arrested Tuesday.

The woman?s property has not been recovered.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Let's see, the hand used to snatch the purse is connectted to the arm, hence armed robbery.

When I read about an "armed" robbery, they usually have something about a "weapon" (gun, knife, etc...) being involved. So I guess I just took it for granted that "armed" meant "armed with a weapon". ~shrug shoulders~

For every Imus out there, we have about 100 of these fools doing hsit like this. They just arrested to LSU football player's for theft and identity fraud.

For every Imus out there, we have about 100 of these fools doing hsit like this. They just arrested to LSU football player's for theft and identity fraud.

Do you find fault with the government for allowing drug trades to go on, how about them using felons for special projects while turning looking they other way while they do wrong? Or do you just find fault in black crime? Please stop justifying what that guy did when both whtie and black folks kill and rob. I bet you some of Imus family was hanging black folks also.

Do you find fault with the government for allowing drug trades to go on, how about them using felons for special projects while turning looking they other way while they do wrong? Or do you just find fault in black crime? Please stop justifying what that guy did when both whtie and black folks kill and rob. I bet you some of Imus family was hanging black folks also.
They making all kinds of excuses for him, ain't they...:smh:

When I was in college, I never had to worry about money problems...I thank GOD for that. I wish I could say the same today. **sigh**

Cee Dog I never defended or justified anything for Imus. I wouldn't care who the other person was, I would make the statement again and again. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Imus, all they did was make him famous. So you're saying the Government made the two guys I mention commit those crimes?

They making all kinds of excuses for him, ain't they...:smh:

When I was in college, I never had to worry about money problems...I thank GOD for that. I wish I could say the same today. **sigh**

How is that making an excuse for him! Personally I'm pissed because we win won battle(Imus), only to have fools like these two set us back 10 more years doing these crimes against their own people.

How is that making an excuse for him! Personally I'm pissed because we win won battle(Imus), only to have fools like these two set us back 10 more years doing these crimes against their own people.
What does this crime have to do w/what Imus did? Black folks, as well as every other nationality were committing crimes waaaaaaaay before Imus's stupid ass comments. Once again, one has absolutely nothing to do w/the other.

Generally, a theft committed with FORCE is Robbery.

In Alabama we have Robbery in the First, Second, and Third Degree.

Robbery 1 - is with a deadly weapon (i.e. a gun, knife, baseball bat)
Robbery 2 - is aiding someone who commits Robbery 1 (look out man, getaway car driver)
Robbery 3 - is force (overpowering or threatening the victim)

These guys allegedly committed something equivalent to Robbery 3.

Cee Dog I never defended or justified anything for Imus. I wouldn't care who the other person was, I would make the statement again and again. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Imus, all they did was make him famous. So you're saying the Government made the two guys I mention commit those crimes?

No. My thing is I just don't go around looking for excuses to degrade black people because of what one individual did. Both whtie and black folks got problems. Neither is better than the other.

Generally, a theft committed with FORCE is Robbery.

In Alabama we have Robbery in the First, Second, and Third Degree.

Robbery 1 - is with a deadly weapon (i.e. a gun, knife, baseball bat)
Robbery 2 - is aiding someone who commits Robbery 1 (look out man, getaway car driver)
Robbery 3 - is force (overpowering or threatening the victim)

These guys allegedly committed something equivalent to Robbery 3.

That is what I thought too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
There's a difference between armed robbery and strong-armed robbery...

Armed robbery involves a weapon.... Example: I rob you, by pullingh a gun and demanding your purse. You give it up and I run off. That's 'armed' robbery...

Strong-armed robbery involves the physical rough-handling of the victim, in the commision of a robbery... Example: I rob you, but I snatch your ourse and grab you and throw you down and punch you.... and then run-off.... That's 'strong-armed' robbery.

Back