Misery

Deuce

Anybody seen this movie?

"Misery" is the one-word title of a movie from 1990. It's based on a book by Stephen King, that's more of a suspense/thriller type movie than it is a horror flick.

This movie came to mind becaues it was on television last night. I originally saw it at the movie theatre back in 1990, and it tripped me out. It stars James Caan and Kathy Bates.

Now, I know how we black folks are, and some of us don't want to see any movie that has no black people in it, has no sex, and not much violence. But that's exactly the way this movie is.

But if you love a good story, and a good plot, it may be worth finding this on dvd, and renting it. Its the perfect movie for a winter Saturday afternoon when there's nothing else on tv.

Check it out. I guarantee you, that you won't soon forget it.

Deuce said:
Anybody seen this movie?

"Misery" is the one-word title of a movie from 1990. It's based on a book by Stephen King, that's more of a suspense/thriller type movie than it is a horror flick.

This movie came to mind becaues it was on television last night. I originally saw it at the movie theatre back in 1990, and it tripped me out. It stars James Caan and Kathy Bates.

Now, I know how we black folks are, and some of us don't want to see any movie that has no black people in it, has no sex, and not much violence. But that's exactly the way this movie is.

But if you love a good story, and a good plot, it may be worth finding this on dvd, and renting it. Its the perfect movie for a winter Saturday afternoon when there's nothing else on tv.

I'd say it was pretty violent when ole girl took that hedge hammer to ole boy's feet and went to work. :scared:

xxx
Deuce said:
Anybody seen this movie?

Chile, where you been? That's one of my MOST favorite movies. I also like the other Kathy Bates movie when she pushes her husband in the well because he was "messing" with their daughter!!!! :tup:

Fortitude said:
Chile, where you been? That's one of my MOST favorite movies. :tup:

:lol:

I ain't been nowhere, Fort. Like I said before, I saw it back in 1990 at the theatre. But its not the "typical" movie that "we" go to see, so I didn't know who else may have seen it.

By the way, it's one of my all-time favorites too. :tup: I think I'm gonna buy the dvd, and add it to my collection.

This is probably my favorite movie. I used to get upset cause none of my friends had seen it. Me and my family watched it for family night...me and my mom read the book several times.

Deuce said:

Wow...if you hadnt heard..all black people look the same also.

But yeah..it was a good movie. Fort, you're speaking of Dolores Claiborne . I've only watched it in pieces but it looks like an interesting movie. Movies based off of Stephen King books are generally pretty good.

Venom Skywalker said:
Wow...if you hadnt heard..all black people look the same also.

:rolleyes:

Venom,

First of all, I was being facetious. Secondly, I said "some of us", not "all". :smh:

I saw that movie when it first came out. I remember me and my girls tripping off of Kathy Bates. I also saw it on TV this weekend

Very Good Movie

Deuce said:
:lol:

I ain't been nowhere, Fort. Like I said before, I saw it back in 1990 at the theatre. But its not the "typical" movie that "we" go to see, so I didn't know who else may have seen it.

By the way, it's one of my all-time favorites too. :tup: I think I'm gonna buy the dvd, and add it to my collection.
Actually quite a few of US have seen and loved this movie.

LadyJag said:
I'd say it was pretty violent when ole girl took that hedge hammer to ole boy's feet and went to work. :scared:

I read the book before seeing the movie, and was disapointed in how mild the violence was in the movie.

She actually cut his legs off, and used a blow torch seal the wound!!!
:saw: :saw: :saw: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Read the book!!!!

Read the book!!!!

Sho Nuff said:
I read the book before seeing the movie, and was disapointed in how mild the violence was in the movie.

Read the book!!!!

Read the book!!!!

I'm not so sure I want to read the book after hearing that. :eek:

xxx
Sho Nuff said:

Read the book!!!!

Read the book!!!!
:eek:

No thanks, the movie was quite enough. :scared:

WTF!!!!!!!

Back