Mike Tyson vs Bob Sap

nevaehinvesting

Check this out...

Tensions reached a new high last night at K-1's "Battle at the Bellagio" when former NFL tackle 6'5", 390 lb. K-1 superstar Bob "The Beast" Sapp made his U.S. fighting debut and knocked out Hawaiian heavy-hitter Kimo Leopoldo in the second round.

While Sapp he was celebrating his victory, former heavyweight and controversial celebrity, Mike Tyson surprised the roaring crowd by jumping into the ring and challenging the K-1 favorite to a match. Tyson who watched the event from a ringside seat even suggested they fight on the spot.

"I'll do it right here, get me a pair of shorts and I'll fight him tonight," shouted Tyson. "Sign the contract ... Sign the contract!" Sapp replied, "I'll do it, I'll fight Tyson with all my heart, spirit and technique." "I'll sign the contract to fight you today. The Beast is coming for you!"

Rumors of the match-up have been stirring over the past couple of weeks. Sapp's recent press coverage had him talking about this possibility on national television and radio.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Tyson, whose boxing downfall began with a 1990 loss to Buster Douglas in Tokyo, might return to Japan in December for his next fight, a possible martial arts bout against Bob "The Beast" Sapp.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that Tyson has signed a management contract with K-1, a Japan-based company that would handle promotional rights and a Japanese tour for the former world heavyweight champion.

"It might be nice, but under Marquess of Queensberry rules," Tyson told the Times. "I don't really feel like getting kicked in the head."

K-1 combines karate, kung fu, taekwondo and kickboxing and the deal would bring Tyson, who filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this month, four million dollars plus a 200,000-dollar signing bonus.

Sapp, a former American football player, is well known in Japan for his skill in the martial arts multi-discipline sport.

Tyson would follow Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and Italian heavyweight Primo Carnera as boxing stars who climbed into the ring against wrestlers for odd matchups to make money.

I've saw Bob Sap on Jay Leno one night and he looks like the Hulk on steroids. He can't fight that good though. Tyson needs the money so if this fight happens, Tyson could really hurt this guy. Especially since they use 1-ounce gloves in K-1 fighting!

man, I dunno... :smh:

If they make this match under strict boxing rules, then Mike would have an advantage.

If this is a K-1 /Mixed martial arts match, Sapp is gonna hurt Mike for real...

I don't see Mike taking a spinning side kick or an elbow strike to the head...Heck, ole dude could submit him right there :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dude is really, really out there........

I'm with '83. I could see Mike's crazy azz trying to chew on Sapp.

What people will do for money.........

Just saw some Bob Sap fights. Bob Sap cannot fight or kick and he's very slow. He can't take punches very well. He got knocked out cold by a guy who wasn't that good. I forget the name. Since he can't kick, he doesn't even try too. He just relies on punching the entire fight. A lot of smaller guys have taken punches from him easily and have even hurt Sap with body shots.

I say that to say this, Tyson could literally kill this guy if he hit him with 1-ounce boxing gloves, which is what they use. After watching both fighters, I'm serious when I say Tyson is 2,300 times faster, and hits 132 times harder than this guy. If I weighed around 250, I'd run through Sap.

Sap should not get in that ring.

Back