Mike Norvell takes blame for loss to Jacksonville State

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know, but I don't see where either of them stepped into bad situations. Willingham did an above average job at Stanford before being hired at ND, where he had a good first year and went downhill from there. Then he got another shot at Washington where he did a poor job. I watched his teams since he was at Stanford and never thought he was all that good a coach. No different than Herm Edwards to me.

Strong wasn't necessarily stepping into a bad situation either in terms of available resources and talent, even with some of the early trouble he had with some of the big money alumni.
ND was already on the decline under Davie. Willingham had the same or better winning% as Davie and Weiss, but was given only 3 years.

You made my point for me about Strong. If the major donors undermine the coach before the first game it’s toxic and you won’t be there long.

Lol yall at trip. Coach Prime literally advocated for the FSU job. Was told to graduate and get experience.

Next thing u know he's graduated from college and has a HC job.

But no. It's nothing to see here lol

Honestly, Deion would have a better chance of going to Miami before FSU. FSU would be stuck paying potentially 3 contracts if Novell doesn’t workout while hiring yet another HC. Plus politics from the boosters and a history between Deion and Alum/boosters who aren’t the biggest fans of him will keep him away. Remember, Prime wants control to be prime… FSU not gone allow Coach Prime to come in there and be above the program… why you think Jimbo bounced…? Coach Prime will stay at least until his sons depart…JSU allows him to do him and at JSU, he’s put on that pedestal because of his name and cache in ways FSU is not brave enough to hire…. They see him as more of a distraction than a spark to a program that died when they screwed Jimbo over.

Last edited:
I only tell the truth. Some don't want to accept it though. Real talk Deion once he leaves JSU will have elevated that program to unseen heights. Then it will be on JSU's AD to keep the ball rolling. There are a group of programs that JSU can look to as an example. I just hope JSU doesn't go back to the typical HBCU ole Black boy coaching network.

I only tell the truth. Some don't want to accept it though. Real talk Deion once he leaves JSU will have elevated that program to unseen heights. Then it will be on JSU's AD to keep the ball rolling. There are a group of programs that JSU can look to as an example. I just hope JSU doesn't go back to the typical HBCU ole Black boy coaching network.

We have an AD that threw a hail mary and landed Deion Sanders. I think he has a plan for us lol

Coach Prime just said it on the conference call. He's enjoying coaching his sons and I don't believe he's gonna leave that to someone else.
Man these people are praying hard Coach Prime leaves. When or if he does the program will be in better shape with resources and facilities. With the right Coaching hire the program can still be successful. Look at Alcorn. Hopson set the foundation, they hired the right coaches and continued to win..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man these people are praying hard Coach Prime leaves. When or if he does the program will be in better shape with resources and facilities. With the right Coaching hire the program can still be successful. Look at Alcorn. Hopson set the foundation, they hired the right coaches and continued to win..
Right!! Just wait till Coach Prime enclose our turf practice field.

And, it's looking like Norvell won't make it past this season.

I hope so. Real talk this is how great programs are built by making multiple good hires.

That deal was in the works long time ago - wasn’t a Hail Mary. Sanders knew which program he could choose where he could win quickly and not rebuild and they’ll bend over backwards to accommodate him.

Back