Mike Leach???

At the risk of sounding like another forum poster who seems to be an honorary JSU alum (you know who you are), this mass exodus from Mississippi State is poised to be a talent windfall for Coach Prime. He has the star power to pull some big transfers.
smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917.jpg

You too can be an honorary JSU alum.

He brought HIS grad transfer with him to Starkville and recruited another highly touted Air Raid QB out of Brandon. I know the Air Raid offense that Leach runs work if he gets HIS type of players but will he have time to get them in. Them necks in Starkvegas ain't gonna go for that for 3-4 years. WSU and TTU are different type of P5s than Hail State. I've actually kind of started looking at Air Raid offenses on Youtube and trying to understand it better (possibly get into coaching?) and what Leach is doing will be his undoing if he doesn't incorporate the running game more like Dykes is doing with the Air Raid at SMU

The AirRaid is a very simple offense that works best by disguising 5-6 plays in various formations. Receivers are Simplistic in there route tree... Extremely simple... crossing routes underneath and vertical to the boundary.

The AirRaid is a very simple offense that works best by disguising 5-6 plays in various formations. Receivers are Simplistic in there route tree... Extremely simple... crossing routes underneath and vertical to the boundary.
So are you saying they have a personnel issue or an execution problem?

Leach is another version of Melvin Spears. Grambling warned Alcorn about him. Both ran their offense wether they had the personnel for it or not. Spears had 2 teams quit on him (Grambling 06 and Alcorn 2011). I think another loss like this and it’s a wrap for Leach
I was classmates with Spears. Another classmate and I roll our eyes with the hire.. Basically, he was a fool while a student and we didn't see him changing.

Back