Mighty Dog's Smack Poster of the Year Statue

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Dear Friend:

I have the distinguished honor of being on the committee to raise five million dollars for a monument of Mighty Dog for winning SWACPage Smacker of the Year. We originally wanted to put him on Mt. Rushmore until we discovered there was not enough room for two more faces.

We then decided to erect a statue of Mighty Dog at the SWAC Hall of Fame. We were in a quandary as to where the statue should be placed. It was not proper to place it beside the statue of Eddie Robinson, who never told a lie, or beside RUDY, who never told the truth, since Mighty Dog could never tell the difference.

We finally decided to place it in Washington, DC beside Christopher Columbus, the greatest LIAR of them all. He left not knowing where he was going, did not know where he was, returned not knowing where he had been, and did it all on someone else's money.

If you are one of the fortunate people who have anything left after taxes, we expect a generous contribution to this worthwhile project.

Thank you,

Mighty Dog Monument Committee

PS: The committee has raised over $1.35 so far!

Please send all contributions to:
Mighty Dog
P.O. Box 30000MD
Normal, AL 35762

BTW, if you contact my church members, I believe they will make a sizable contribution.

Back