Middle Tenn. hopes hip-hop concert keeps team in Div. I

Jam Piper Jam

Truth Seeker
Middle Tenn. hopes hip-hop concert keeps team in Div. I
By Lucas L. Johnson II, The Associated Press
NASHVILLE ? The Blue Raiders are 2-4 and attendance is down, but Middle Tennessee State is hoping hip-hop can keep the team playing in Division I.
Football programs must average 15,000 fans a game to stay in the NCAA's top division. But Middle Tennessee averaged only about 14,000 in its first two home games.

And there's no guarantee that a Saturday game against equally miserable Idaho (2-5) will put fans in the seats.

So Middle Tennessee has scheduled a free concert immediately after the game by rapper Big Boi, half of the popular hip-hop duo Outkast. Anyone who wants to attend the concert must attend the 2 p.m. game.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sunbelt/2004-10-22-mtsu-concert_x.htm

What MTSU needs to do is get TNST back on their schedule and "hook the tigers up" with a fair payday.

JROCK said:
What MTSU needs to do is get TNST back on their schedule and "hook the tigers up" with a fair payday.
I think that is the only way attendence will go up.

Attendence was better when my homeboy Dwon Hicks was running the ball there and they were actually winning... over the past 2 years, things have gone downhill... They have a VERY NICE football stadium... I was surprised by it.

P V U did the same thing a couple of years ago when they played Southern. Puff Daddy had a concert after the game. He only performed like 4 songs and left.

Back