Mid term elections - serious money talk - gird your loins!!!

Olde Hornet

If the republicans take the house in the fall, make sure you talk to your financial advisor. Ask these questions:

- What happens to the stock market (or where ever you have your money) if the House sends the country into bankruptcy?
- Where is the best place to place your money if this happens?

The ORANGE house republicans DO NOT CARE about you, only political theatre, the crazies that are in office and the new ones joining them do not understand economics, they want to stop extending the national debt limit which will push the country into bankruptcy.

Last edited:

Republicans renew attacks over national debt they helped create
:nono2:

Almost $8 trillion of the national debt was added by former President Donald Trump — with the GOP's help.
:thefan:

The Treasury Department announced last week that the national debt exceeded $30 trillion for the first time. In the days that followed, Republicans in Congress who helped rack up a large portion of that debt responded with outrage and were quick to try to pin the blame on President Joe Biden and their Democratic colleagues.

But many of the same Republicans who are currently treating the debt as a calamitous existential threat were largely silent on it during the previous administration. And they helped get it to the current level, through big spending and unfunded tax cuts.

"We have a $30 trillion debt, larger than our economy," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy complained Thursday in a House floor speech, calling the size of the debt one of the "two greatest threats to the future of the United States," along with China.

"Today is a sad day for the United States of America," Florida Sen. Rick Scott wrote on Friday. "For years, I have been warning about the devastating consequences of our rapidly rising federal debt, but its [sic] fallen on deaf ears in Washington."

"$30,000,000,000,000," tweeted Iowa Rep. Randy Feenstra. "This enormous figure should scare us all. Since 1990, our debt has grown tenfold and there's no indication this is the ceiling."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Puts Kevin McCarthy On Notice With Stark 'Power' Warning​

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who earlier this year spoke at a white nationalist event, said she expects to gain “a lot of power” if the midterm elections give Republicans control of the House.

During an interview with The New York Times, the lawmaker and conspiracy theorist appeared to put House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), on notice. He is likely to become House speaker if the GOP takes control after the midterms.

“I think that to be the best speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway,” Greene was quoted as saying “in a flat, unemotional voice.”

Then, Greene issued what she insisted wasn’t a threat.

“And if he doesn’t, they’re going to be very unhappy about it,” she said. “I think that’s the best way to read that. And that’s not in any way a threat at all. I just think that’s reality.”

There are some well run programs in the government. The republicans goals are to destroy all government programs that help people so they can defund them or privatize them.

Back