Mercedes-Benz Stadium going cashless

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is set to become the first U.S. sports stadium to implement a completely cashless transaction model — which means a menu of change throughout the venue.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium officials announced Monday they're shifting to a credit/debit card-only model as part of the next stage of its fan-focused evolution. That shiftincludes trimming the popular “fan-friendly” concession prices by 50 cents on five items, including its top-seller, hot dogs. To assist in the cashless learning curve, AMB Sports + Entertainment, the parent company the Arthur Blank Family of Businesses, which includes the stadium, Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United, is also placing 10 “reverse ATM machines” around the stadium.

In Philadelphia city council, they passed a law make cashless business illegal in the city. Amazon already told them that they are going to lose 120 plus jobs that go along with Amazon fully automated stores.

I understand why they are passing the law (Philadelphia has a large poor population), but I don't agree with it. What about Uber and Lyft? The law of unintended consequences.

More information here

Last edited:

In Philadelphia city council, they passed a law make cashless business illegal in the city. Amazon already told them that they are going to lose 120 plus jobs that go along with Amazon fully automated stores.

I understand why they are passing the law (Philadelphia has a large poor population), but I don't agree with it. What about Uber and Lyft? The law of unintended consequences.

More information here

You do know that, another reason for the push against going cashless is religious? As for so called poor people, there a ways around everything.

Back