Men getting blamed once again for poor WNBA viewership numbers

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hell, The NBA has been carrying that league since its' inception. Kobe did try to give the league some credibility. But, women don't even flock to the games.

Ungrateful feminists want to attack the core audience of the league instead of doing their fair share to get the league back in the red.

Remember that they attacked Kyrie for donating a mil out of his pockets to help with the salaries of the WNBA players

I hate fake woke folks.

Excluding the Dallas Mavericks and HBCU college basketball games-I have watched more WNBA games than NBA games since Dallas won the NBA title. If it was not for youtube, twitter and WNBA.com I would miss WNBA games.

Ungrateful feminists want to attack the core audience of the league instead of doing their fair share to get the league back in the red.

Remember that they attacked Kyrie for donating a mil out of his pockets to help with the salaries of the WNBA players

Actually the league finally broke even in 2017. However the issue with the salaries is trying to get it at a level so women do not have to go overseas. That is what is hurting the league-women can make more overseas and come to the WNBA hurt and out of it.

I think Skylar Diggins Smith is probably the only WNBA player who doesn't have to do that.

I hate fake woke folks.

Excluding the Dallas Mavericks and HBCU college basketball games-I have watched more WNBA games than NBA games since Dallas won the NBA title. If it was not for youtube, twitter and WNBA.com I would miss WNBA games.

Actually the league finally broke even in 2017. However the issue with the salaries is trying to get it at a level so women do not have to go overseas. That is what is hurting the league-women can make more overseas and come to the WNBA hurt and out of it.

I think Skylar Diggins Smith is probably the only WNBA player who doesn't have to do that.

Candace Parker works for TNT and that African Stanford player that plays for LA I believe that works for ESPN dont have to do so. That's why I really don't care if Hill from Grambling doesn't play a game in the WNBA. The way that she is playing over there she could make a lot more playing over there than the WNBA

But yeah the fact that they continuously go after men (I actually watched more WNBA than NBA thus far this year) when men are keeping the league afloat (viewership and the NBA subsidizing the WNBA)

Plus hardly anyone wants to address the elephant in the room

View: https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1317838830037311488

I will say that WNBA players have been tremendously candid, daring and fiercely outspoken, in many cases, more so than NBA players during this period of social justice conversation. And it’s a bit disappointing that the public hasn’t embraced them.

females in general don’t watch sports and that comes back to haunt you

most of our alumni bases are female and they don’t have that love for football and stuff like some men do. The majority of hbcu females are social butterflies so it’s homecoming, maybe the popular classic game or bust.

Hell, The NBA has been carrying that league since its' inception. Kobe did try to give the league some credibility. But, women don't even flock to the games.
At the community college where I work, I do these sessions with the women's basketball team. It used to be I would try to use a female basketball player to motivate them. They would always be like, "who is that?" That's when they would confess to me that they don't watch the WNBA. Now they can tell me everything I need to now about current NBA players. LOL.......

I will say that WNBA players have been tremendously candid, daring and fiercely outspoken, in many cases, more so than NBA players during this period of social justice conversation. And it’s a bit disappointing that the public hasn’t embraced them.

They can be outspoken. Because, they don't really have anything to lose. But, the parent company(NBA) have the most to lose due to revenue.

When was the time, you saw a WNBA player endorsing a product?🤔

College women's basketball is the highest generating women's sport on the collegiate level so there's definitely a market for it. And the WNBA is the most popular women's professional sport in the U.S. And with all that's going on right now, most people don't care about sports (I know I don't).

Back