Melvin Spears out at GSU?

RUMOR MILL

It is time to get caught up on all of the rumors floating around the coaching industry. Keep in mind these are rumors only. I am also listing a few of the commitments from Louisiana's Top 30 football players who have committed.

Grambling will be making a change after the season and it appears that former ULM assistant Lee Fobbs is the man for the job. Steve Spurrier turned down Florida, but will take the South Carolina job if Lou Holtz steps down. Urban Meyer of Utah is the frontrunner at Florida. If Mike Santiago does not return to SFA, the administration may look at Curtis Luper of New Mexico as his replacement. Luper is a former Jack. Tarleton State head coach Todd Whitten is also a possibility. Ga.Southern coach Mike Sewark has ties to Ohio and is considered a front runner at the University of Ohio. Youngstown State maybe coming open as well, we hear Lee(not LeRoy)Owens as a possibility.LA Tech is not happy, but I doubt if they pull the trigger. SMU is not happy, but the AD will make the call.

Melving may be on his way out, but I have knowledge that Fobbs is not on his way in. It will be a wide search.

Back