Meet the awesome NFL mom determined to stop her son’s finances from being sacked

Olde Hornet

AWESOME!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...er-sons-finances-from-being-sacked-2016-04-06

The NFL held its second annual Personal Finance Camp this week in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. And as it did last year, the league welcomed family members to join the players. For most, that meant a wife or girlfriend. But for Antrel Rolle, a safety with the Chicago Bears, it meant his mom Armelia. They are famously close; he has called himself a “mama’s boy.” So close, that even though he couldn’t attend the camp in the end, his mom showed up and attended the sessions and took a lot of notes. She spoke with MarketWatch after the last class on April 5. The interview has been condensed and edited.

MarketWatch: When you found out Antrel couldn’t come, did you think of not coming?

Armelia Rolle: When he first asked if I would come, I said, of course. The basic issue is you have people with first-generation wealth. You don’t have the knowledge and that’s what’s so frightening and leaves you so vulnerable to being taken advantage of.

Good job by the mother. I hope he is able to create a business that will sustain he and his family once he retires. I'm sure a lot of Athletes need more people showing them the real deal.

Back