MEAC Commisioner Resigns!

Rattlermania

Posted by North Avenue on the MEAC Page

from MEACSports.com

April 15, 2002

MEAC Commissioner resigns

Charles S. Harris, Commissioner of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference has announced his resignation effective 14 July 2002.

Harris, former Chair of the NCAA Division I Management Council, and a former member of the NCAA Basketball Committee had served as Conference Commissioner since July 1996. He notified the Chair of the MEAC Council of Chief Executive Officers, Dr. William DeLauder, President of Delaware State University in a letter that stated, ?this job entails significant travel and time demands, particularly related to the development and maintenance of marketing, promotion and sponsorships. While a significant amount of energy has been expended, I believe quantifiable progress has been made in most areas.

In that regard, I am of the view the Conference is on a better footing today than upon arrival. Notwithstanding the opportunities of the future for the MEAC, I have concluded that the best approach to the fulfillment of my personal and professional aspirations is in a setting other than the MEAC Conference office, very possibly on a college campus?.

Dr. DeLauder, stated "The MEAC has become a stronger and more competitive conference during Mr. Harris' tenure as commissioner. On behalf of the MEAC CEOs, I thank Commissioner Harris for his service to the MEAC Conference and extend best wishes for success in his future endeavors". DeLauder further stated, a national search would be organized and commence with the goal of having a successor in during summer 2002.

Ummmmmmm!

I got $50 to throw into the pot for him to come to the SWAC and get things straight over here!!!

Anybody else?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Notice the article said having a replacement by this summer. What is our problem it has been two years. Something has to give man.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rattlermania
Posted by North Avenue on the MEAC Page

from MEACSports.com

April 15, 2002

MEAC Commissioner resigns

Charles S. Harris, Commissioner of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference has announced his resignation effective 14 July 2002.

Harris, former Chair of the NCAA Division I Management Council, and a former member of the NCAA Basketball Committee had served as Conference Commissioner since July 1996. He notified the Chair of the MEAC Council of Chief Executive Officers, Dr. William DeLauder, President of Delaware State University in a letter that stated, ?this job entails significant travel and time demands, particularly related to the development and maintenance of marketing, promotion and sponsorships. While a significant amount of energy has been expended, I believe quantifiable progress has been made in most areas.

In that regard, I am of the view the Conference is on a better footing today than upon arrival. Notwithstanding the opportunities of the future for the MEAC, I have concluded that the best approach to the fulfillment of my personal and professional aspirations is in a setting other than the MEAC Conference office, very possibly on a college campus?.

Dr. DeLauder, stated "The MEAC has become a stronger and more competitive conference during Mr. Harris' tenure as commissioner. On behalf of the MEAC CEOs, I thank Commissioner Harris for his service to the MEAC Conference and extend best wishes for success in his future endeavors". DeLauder further stated, a national search would be organized and commence with the goal of having a successor in during summer 2002.

UAPB has formed a search committee to hired a new athletic director .
"OH LORD, will you let someone on the search committee have enough sense to contact this man, Thank you Amen"

Back