Marketing plans for the SWAC in 2020 and beyond!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Thats not a 25K seat stadium and it sits on the ground. guess its good for a school like Morehouse. They dont have fans but they at least need a visitor side if they join the SWAC.

Yeah. I would give that stadium 15k at best. This visiting side is there, but it looks like it might be good for about 4k. Morehouse can bring in 7k-10k vs a solid named opponent, so I think it’s great for them. I would love to see them transition into the SWAC.

Don't count out AAMU. We have a longer history and rival with Morehouse than all of y'all. Especially in basketball. It was one of the biggest rivalries in the SIAC in basketball.

Now you know these folks don't know HBCU sports outside of Louisiana and Mississippi!

Last edited by a moderator:
63 is the max number a FCS school can give. There are a lot of schools that don't offer that many in the Swac...

i was stating what the standard rule was for FCS programs. You’re right though. There are a few that don’t offer the full allotment. But some are closer than others.

But in reference to Morehouse, no one has addressed how they can address Title 9 issue/ along with no women’s sports.

Last edited:
i was stating what the standard rule was for FCS programs. You’re right though. There are a lot of teams in the SWAC that don’t offer the full allotment. But some are closer than others.

But in reference to Morehouse, no one has addressed how they can address Title 9 issue/ along with no women’s sports.

I think they would need to find out if a precedent has been set by the NCAA for an all-male school. I can't see the NCAA making them conform to title IX regulations if they are not co-ed.

i was stating what the standard rule was for FCS programs. You’re right though. There are a lot of teams in the SWAC that don’t offer the full allotment. But some are closer than others.

Besides Valley who doesn’t offer the full 63

Back