Marching Storm Hosts 800 for High School Band Day

That Alto High School Band was AWESOME!!!! MY GOD!!! I saw them marching from Hobart-Taylor and at first glimpse I thought they were my M4, but I noticed their banner and also the band members were much smaller. They did such a fantastic job on "Neck" that my oldest daughter (SU alum) swore they had someone from the HJ pass that arrangement on to them. They played Big Tymer's "Still Fly" in the stands right above where I sat, and I they sounded like a college band! I left the comfort of my seat in the shade to stand out in the sun just to watch them play that in the stands! And their field performance was AMAZING! The Golden Lion alum in attendance just bombarded them after their performance, wanting to know all about them! It was mixture of kids from grades 7th-12th. WOW!

Honestly, the Alto Middle/High School Marching Band was, without a doubt, the ABSOLUTE BEST band in attendance! Those kids did a GREAT job!

Last edited:

That Alto High School Band was AWESOME!!!! MY GOD!!! I saw them marching from Hobart-Taylor and at first glimpse I thought they were my M4, but I noticed their banner and also the band members were much smaller. They did such a fantastic job on "Neck" that my oldest daughter (SU alum) swore they had someone from the HJ pass that arrangement on to them. They played Big Tymer's "Still Fly" in the stands right above where I sat, and I they sounded like a college band! I left the comfort of my seat in the shade to stand out in the sun just to watch them play that in the stands! And their field performance was AMAZING! The Golden Lion alum in attendance just bombarded them after their performance, wanting to know all about them! It was mixture of kids from grades 7th-12th. WOW!

Honestly, the Alto Middle/High School Marching Band was, without a doubt, the ABSOLUTE BEST band in attendance! Those kids did a GREAT job!

I agree. That 2a, rural school has pretty much been owning the city schools in recent years. They ran through the DFW schools a few months back. I'm glad PV and thr Storm have maintained and even strengthened its ties to small town Texas (along with Beaumont, DFW, Austin, and Houston). Bands like Alto and Brookshire Royal have strong programs.

I agree. That 2a, rural school has pretty much been owning the city schools in recent years. They ran through the DFW schools a few months back. I'm glad PV and thr Storm have maintained and even strengthened its ties to small town Texas (along with Beaumont, DFW, Austin, and Houston). Bands like Alto and Brookshire Royal have strong programs.

I think y'all get some from Port Arthur too. They are a very strong program.

The director at Alto was at Worthing several years back and did a great job with MUCH less support, only to be unceremoniously dumped.....Went to Alto and is doing the dayum thing. Great job Tim!!!
That's him? No wonder they are so good.

That's him? No wonder they are so good.

Worthing also had another great director that came from TSU, but I believe he left on his own accord and is now the Director of Fine Arts for Manor ISD. Not sure which you are thinking of, but both had Worthing doing well.

Worthing also had another great director that came from TSU, but I believe he left on his own accord and is now the Director of Fine Arts for Manor ISD. Not sure which you are thinking of, but both had Worthing doing well.

TxSU needs to contact that dude ASAP. They need a new director badly.

2017 High School Band Day

High School band students from across the state of Texas traveled to “The Hill” to participate in the Marching Storm High School Band Day at Panther Stadium Nov. 11th. Dr. Timmey Zachery, director of bands, said he starts soliciting participation from high school bands in June. “For this year’s performance, nearly 1,200 students and parents showed up for the final event,” said Zachery, “It was great.”

The following high school bands participated in the event: Alto, Reagan Early, Royal, Yates, Booker T. Washington, Kimball, Ozen, Marlin, West Orange, Martin Luther King Academy, Heights, and Northside High Schools. Before the event, selected bands had the opportunity to rehearse with Marching Storm Band captains and section leaders. This year, Alto High School and Reagan Early College High School were selected to perform during the halftime show. After the performance, those bands had the opportunity to perform on the field with the Marching Storm. “Every year, I look forward to High School Band Day, because it’s a phenomenal opportunity for us to recruit future Panthers and future Marching Storm Members,” said Zachery.

http://www.pvamu.edu/news/2017/11/21/2017-high-school-band-day/

Back