Marching Storm 2019

PV has too many multi-colored folks to really be great. Some don't even understand the HBCU experience of rhythm and blues.
They're just going through the motions of marching with no soul.

PV has too many multi-colored folks to really be great. Some don't even understand the HBCU experience of rhythm and blues.

Changing demographics of the state and country. HBCUs are gonna have to adjust to it or get lost. I can pull up videos from all bands (JSU included) and make the same observations of some just "going through the motions" as you say. what is their excuse?At the end of the day, the Marching Storm with its diversity is easily in the top tier of bands

Changing demographics of the state and country. HBCUs are gonna have to adjust to it or get lost. I can pull up videos from all bands (JSU included) and make the same observations of some just "going through the motions" as you say. what is their excuse?At the end of the day, the Marching Storm with its diversity is easily in the top tier of bands
The demographics is understandable, however you all could and should be even better.
In Black bands, too much non-Black culture can be a detriment.

The demographics is understandable, however you all could and should be even better.
In Black bands, too much non-Black culture can be a detriment.

But what exactly does it say about the others if PV's diversity is a detriment and yet the Marching Storm is still already better than most of these fully Black bands? It's like you are holding PV to a standard that you're not the others. Why aren't THEY better? I think you are over exaggerating the impact. The University's enrollment is close to 9percent Hispanic now and PV still has maintained its identity, culturally speaking and so has the band. The band and other organizations will reflect the demographic shift. Especially here in Texas where PVs traditional recruiting grounds (the Black high schools in Houston, Dallas,etc) are now predominantly Hispanic. The focus for everyone should be on getting kids who can actually play their horns; and that pool is shrinking

But what exactly does it say about the others if PV's diversity is a detriment and yet the Marching Storm is still already better than most of these fully Black bands? It's like you are holding PV to a standard that you're not the others. Why aren't THEY better?....
PV gets credit for having better leadership than many SWAC bands.

Funny... Last time I was in Jackson to see our band a JSU fan came over while I was marching out. You could tell he was an older wiser fan. He said man this is beautiful to see so much diversity in your band. Y'all keep it up.

Moral of the story.... Don't let the dumb fug posters you see from JSU on this forum fool you. There's intelligence to be found in Jackson if you just have some patience.

My point is that we're so eager to give up our culture while the same folks will never do that on our behalf.
We always cheering and standing up for other folks, while our needs go unmet.
If being pro-"us" is a bit too much for you, then that's on you.

Last edited:
My point is that we're so eager to give up our culture while the same folks will never do that on our behalf.
We always cheering and standing up for other folks, while our needs go unmet.
If being pro-"us" is a bit too much for you, then that's on you.

Dude just stop. Literally every drill ya'll do comes from or is a derivative of something this guy right here created.
93006225_134135417063.jpg

In the Prof Edwards days PV's drill were heavily based on corps style drill design. Much of what we do has never been ours to begin with. It's been twists on stuff that's already existed. On to of that you insinuate that whites and Hispanics don't know blues or have rhythm? Talk about myopic.

And hell time white folks try to adopt our sh!t and appreciate it we start screaming about appropriation. Just waiting for the not so well rounded among the HBCU community to discover that DCI corps dance all over the place now and *gasp* put their horns on the ground.

Here we go with that "Texas ain't like us black Folk"ish. Sthu with that. You don't know why either one of iyr schools was founded or why we BOTH outstrip YOUR institution for what black students GET out of it. Everywhere you go you WILL hear "PV engineering"...i ain't NEVER heard "JSU engineering"...you WILL hear "Texas Southern law school and pharmacy"...i don't hear "JSU law school" or "JSU pharmacy" and guess what, both of us put out ALL minorities. Have been and still will. Y'all aren't the gatekeepers pf who and WHAT is black and how. Then you talking about "soul".🤔 No one in the crowd has ever said either school band has a lack of flavor. Sit over there with them hogmaws and be quiet. 🤣

Everywhere you go you WILL hear "PV engineering"...i ain't NEVER heard "JSU engineering"...you WILL hear "Texas Southern law school and pharmacy"...i don't hear "JSU law school" or "JSU pharmacy"
That's a whole other rubber meets the road argument where some of these folks are delusional as hell. And they ain't on hogmaws over there. All they eat is catfish.

Dude, what does any of that have to do with band? If that's the case, I could start talking about that 80 game losing streak.
JSU's overall academic program is consistently ahead of either of the Texas schools. Don't get me started on that.
And as far as soul is concerned, yes, I favor Black folk's soul over any other on the planet.
Blues was born and bred among Black folks plain and simple.
There's a difference between mimicking and actually living it.

Dude just stop. Literally every drill ya'll do comes from or is a derivative of something this guy right here created.

In the Prof Edwards days PV's drill were heavily based on corps style drill design. Much of what we do has never been ours to begin with. It's been twists on stuff that's already existed. On to of that you insinuate that whites and Hispanics don't know blues or have rhythm? Talk about myopic.

And hell time white folks try to adopt our sh!t and appreciate it we start screaming about appropriation. Just waiting for the not so well rounded among the HBCU community to discover that DCI corps dance all over the place now and *gasp* put their horns on the ground.
Dude, I witnessed PV's band last year and wasn't really impressed.
And Hispanics and white folks don't have the same soul as Black folks. Heck, white folks will tell you that.
Where have you been? Do you even know the history of Black music? If you don't, I ain't got time to teach you. Look it up for yourself.
You sound young and inexperienced.

Dude, what does any of that have to do with band? If that's the case, I could start talking about that 80 game losing streak.
JSU's overall academic program is consistently ahead of either of the Texas schools. Don't get me started on that.
And as far as soul is concerned, yes, I favor Black folk's soul over any other on the planet.
Blues was born and bred among Black folks plain and simple.
There's a difference between mimicking and actually living it.

Buddy you might want to wake up front that dream. JSU has nowhere near the reach and clout in industry as PV or sTu.

Dude, I witnessed PV's band last year and wasn't really impressed.
And Hispanics and white folks don't have the same soul as Black folks. Heck, white folks will tell you that.
Where have you been? Do you even know the history of Black music? If you don't, I ain't got time to teach you. Look it up for yourself.
You sound young and inexperienced.

Ok.... I watched JSU's clips from this year and any band where the freshmen are outplaying the upperclassmen by a long shot needs to keep their sh!t off the internet. But of course any fool that says Hispanics have no soul would be dumb enough to believe JSU is worth a sh!t in anything LMAO. This po catfish eatin mofo just tried to discredit all of Latin America. And you think I'm young but you have no clue who that white guy is in that picture do you? That's your daddy Bill Moffit. Thank him for just about every drill the Sonic Poof has ever done. Now sit your uneducated sippi arse down somewhere before your brain hemorrhages from too much knowledge son.

Back