March 2016: Monthly Motivation & Encouragement

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
It's March! We're 8 days into the 3rd month of this year! God has allowed us to enter into the 1st quarter of this year!:)

For those who take the time to read, you know that Palm Sunday and Resurrection Sunday occur in this month. As my mind rested on this, I thought it would be fitting to do a little something different this month, and bring a few more inspirational pieces. With Calvary and Resurrection Sunday so heavily on my mind, I thought I'd start with this.

Hope you enjoy it.:)

Disclaimer: For those who believe in & worship the Lord God Jehovah, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and have accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, the Resurrected Saviour

There was once a Bus Driver who, every day, would transport the citizens of a tiny village up and down a mountain in his bus. This was a treacherous mountain, because it was very tall, very steep and had a lot of curves, and further, there was only one road that led up and down the mountain. But this was no ordinary Bus Driver; he was an amazing driver and could effortlessly navigate his bus up and down the mountain without incident.

Now the Bus Driver loved the citizens of this little village. He had a huge, beautiful bus that was in perfect condition just for his passengers to enjoy. He was very kind to them and welcomed them on his bus. The citizens were amazed at how beautiful the bus was, but were in total amazement at how well the Bus Driver drove the bus. As they rode back and forth, up and down the mountain, to and from various tasks, they would rave about his driving and felt so comfortable and happy, they’d even sing songs and have happy, joyous celebrations on the bus, honoring the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver never charged them a single penny to ride, but the passengers would bring gifts to him, letting him know how much they loved him and appreciated him for his protection and overall kindness. This went on for quite some time. But after a while, things began to change.

The Bus Driver noticed that while there were still a few passengers that would greet him and talk and sing with him, some would not. They’d get on the bus and not so much say a word to him. Instead of singing joyous songs, some would tell profane jokes and stories. And there were even some who would be mean to fellow passengers on the bus. The Bus Driver would ask them to stop such behavior, and for a little while, it would cease. But all too soon, the inappropriate behaviors would start again. However, each time it started, it would increase in bad, negative ways. Soon, people starting leaving trash on the bus, some would engage in fornication on the bus amongst each other, others would drink and do drugs on the bus, leaving the evidence behind; others would go so far as to commit crimes of theft, bribery, and assault on the bus. It got so bad that soon many of the passengers would commit inhumane crimes and even curse the Bus Driver and call him all kinds of profane names. Not only would this happen on the bus, some of the passengers started to vandalize the bus. They’d paint indecent images on the bus or write immoral things on it. This not only hurt the Bus Driver, but it angered him to the point that at one time he regretted he allowed the passengers on his bus. He’d sent warning after warning after warning about their behaviors and the consequences, but the passengers knew that he also loved them and would never really do anything to harm them; he’d always transport them safely up and down the mountain, and would always navigate the bus with his careful and capable hands. So, instead of showing gratitude, they repaid the Bus Drivers with a rebellious and reprobate spirit.

One particular day, something went terribly wrong with the bus. The brakes snapped and the bus began to speed and careen down the mountain, out of control. The passengers immediately began to scream and cry out to the Bus Driver to save them. The Bus Driver gripped the steering wheel and maneuvered through curve, after curve, after curve. The mountain was so narrow, and there were no shoulders to pull over to for safety. He couldn't press the brakes because there were none and he couldn't allow the bus to go off the side of the mountain. As the bus continued out of control, the Bus Driver thought, “This is it. I've done all I can; nothing can save these people.” But he remembered that at the bottom of the mountain there was a pasture of lilies and flowers enclosed by a gate. He could just allow the bus to crash the gate and use the pasture to slow the bus to safety. But as he approached the bottom, he noticed a small figure on the gate. As he got closer and closer, his heart sank; he noticed it was a small boy sitting on the gate. The Bus Driver glanced for a quick second in his rear view mirror, at his scared passengers pleading to save them, and then allowed his eyes to look at the child on the gate. “Do I save an entire bus and allow an innocent child to die? Or do I save one life and sacrifice many?” His eyes locked onto the child, who was focused on his face. The child smiled at him and nodded. The Bus Driver closed his eyes and allowed the bus to crash through the gate.

As expected, once inside the pasture, the bus slowed and slowed and slowed until it was no longer in motion. The passengers scrambled off the bus, all crying and hugging each other, again singing praises to the Bus Driver. They all rushed to find him, to tell him how thankful they were for saving them, but he was nowhere to be found. As they pondered his whereabouts, one of the passengers that was faithful to the Bus Driver told the crowd, “That was his son he sacrificed to save us”.

To be continued.....

Later this month many people will recognize the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. And while we know Resurrection (Easter) Sunday is internationally celebrated once a year, it is imperative as Christians and/or Believers that we remember, honor, and celebrate God's love for us every single day of our lives. "God sent His Son into this world, this guilty, rebellious, apostate world.....that the world through Him might be saved". Jesus Christ was and is Salvation that cannot be found in any other. And this is still such wonderful news, because right at a time when the world was in an uproarious state, when the world had gone beyond control, Jesus came and saved, and did not condemn us.*

The Gospel of John is turning out to be one of my favorite books of the Holy Bible, because it goes into detail just how much Jesus loves us and His disciples. John, who was one of the closest disciples to Jesus, goes in-depth of how Jesus, just before his arrest in Gethsemane, still took the time to pray to God to not only bless and keep His disciples, but to bless and keep those who would believe and receive Him through His disciples**. Meaning, Jesus had me, you, and all who would come to accept Him in mind before He went to Calvary. As for myself, whenever I read the 14th, 15th. 16th, and especially the 17th chapters of the Gospel of John, it always hits me, "Jesus remembered me when He prayed in Gethsemane. He didn't want to go through that agony, but He did for me. He knew what I'd do, and He STILL went to Calvary for me!" I cannot read the 17th chapter of John without bursting into tears of joy, praise and thanks for the Salvation and Redemption God has given me through the precious Blood of Jesus Christ. And I pray that all who are in the Household of Faith are moved to such praise and thanksgiving, knowing that, no matter what you did in the past, no matter what others think of you and your faith and your fight, Jesus thought you also were worth dying for!

"You thought I was worth saving, so You came and changed my life.
You thought I worth keeping, so You cleaned me up inside.
You thought I was to die for, so You sacrificed Your life,
so I could be free, so I could be whole, so I can tell everyone I know.
HALLELUJAH! Glory to the God who changed my life!
And I will praise you forever! Worship you forever! Give you glory forever!
BECAUSE I AM FREE! BECAUSE I AM WHOLE! AND I CAN TELL EVERYONE I KNOW!!!!"

Worth by Anthony Brown & Group Therapy

*Reference: Text Commentary, John 3:16-17 (King James Version)
** John 17:15-26 (King James Version)

What an inspiring message...Thank you! God loves us so much that He gave His only Son for us... What an Awesome God we serve... In the name of Jesus... Amen!

Back