Malone may join Shaq in Miami

Blacknbengal

Report: Malone may join Shaq in Miami

Could Karl Malone be reunited with Shaquille O'Neal?

Big man in Miami ...

According to a report in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the agent for Malone said the Mailman has listed the Miami Heat as one of the teams he would consider playing for.

Malone, the NBA's second-leading scorer all-time behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, had indicated that he wouldn't return for a 19th season if his surgically repaired right knee wasn't sound. Retirement is one option the future Hall of Famer has seriously considered. Now, playing alongside O'Neal again appears to be another.

Dwight Manley, Malone's agent, indicated that he had talked to the Heat about his client possibly joining the team.

Malone's brief tenure with the Lakers appears over. The Lakers signed center Vlade Divac from Sacramento on Monday, and acquired three forwards (Caron Butler, Lamar Odom and Brian Grant) in the trade with the Heat involving O'Neal.

Read story

O'Neal kids around as he meets media in Miami

O'Neal kids around as he meets media in Miami

MIAMI (AP) - He was difficult to spot at first, when the semi-tractor trailer with the words "Diesel Power" on the side pulled up to the Miami Heat's arena.

Then he emerged from the cab, armed with a plastic water cannon, plenty of one-liners and a pledge sure to make headlines.
Big man in Miami ...

Subtle as a dunk, O'Neal made a grand entrance Tuesday at a rally welcoming him to Miami. As he shot water into the crowd of several thousand, a red carpet led him up the steps from Biscayne Boulevard to the arena entrance, where he said an even bigger celebration is in the Heat's future.

"Remember this," O'Neal told the fans. "I'm going to bring a championship to Miami. I promise."

Shaq's quotes

Shaquille O'Neal was welcomed to Miami by a rally Tuesday, then shared his thoughts on a range of topics:

On his frustrating final season in Los Angeles:
"I was being too nice. A lot of times I wanted to blow up and knock people out. But I had to be professional about what was going on. I took a chill pill and let everything take its course."
On his weight, now at 340 pounds:
"I play my best ball at 345. I need my meat, because I'm going to take a beating. If you put a guy in front of me who eats salad and cucumber and baked chicken all day, I'll kill him."

On being 32 years old:
"I'm like toilet paper, toothpaste and certain amenities - I'm proven to be good. I've still got, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10 years left."

On his retirement plans:
"When I'm done, I plan on being a chief of police somewhere."

Read story

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: O'Neal kids around as he meets media in Miami

Blacknbengal said:
On his frustrating final season in Los Angeles:
"I was being too nice. A lot of times I wanted to blow up and knock people out. But I had to be professional about what was going on. I took a chill pill and let everything take its course."
Didn't I tell yall that Shaq wanted to whoop kobe's arse????
:slap::slap:
:lol::lol::lol:

as far as Malone, he needs to sit down somewhere and stop trying to attach himself to contending teams and backdoor his way to a ring. Dirty Malone had his chances when he was in his prime (but Mr. Jordan put a stop to that).

Blacknbengal said:
If you put a guy in front of me who eats salad and cucumber and baked chicken all day, I'll kill him."

:lmao: :lmao:

I read in an article that Robert Horry is also considering Miami as a place to play. Things are starting to look very interesting on South Beach.

Rob Horry may want to stay in San Antonio(if he's still there...too many free agent moves) San Antonio has the best shot at taking the entire thing in the west.

And the SHAQ train is loading up ................ GATE 34 .......... SOUTH BEACH. :angry:

Most embarrising moment in LAKER history. :retard: :splat: :splat:

unknown1 said:
Some folks just dont want to let it go.
jstate83 said:
In the words of Florida Evans ................ damm, damm, DAMM!! :angry: :angry:
I feel ya Jstate. And it's hard to let it go Unknown1 but I got over it.Man it's hard.

Been over it when I said "Kupchak made a managiable situation impossiable" with that "entertain trade for Shaq" talk. I knew SHAQ would never play for the LAKERS again. I said so on this board the day after---- caught heck for saying it.

Unknown1 .............. I didn't know people needed your consent to comment on this....... but ya know LAKER fans. :lmao:

Back