LSU knew in 2018 that officials kept allegations against athletes in-house. It did nothing.

Mace

Report: LSU mishandled rape, abuse allegations against numerous football players​

Liz Roscher
Mon, November 16, 2020, 11:40 AM CST

A USA Today investigation has found that LSU has consistently mishandled sexual misconduct allegations against male students and top athletes, including running back Derrius Guice, wide receiver Drake Davis, and at least seven other football players who played for coach Ed Orgeron.
According to USA Today, LSU ignored or failed to follow Title IX laws, denied accusers access to police reports, and at various points failed to investigate, alert the police, or take any meaningful action whatsoever. Complaints against athletes were ignored, and when they weren’t, the alleged victims’ stories were doubted and they were denied protection against their aggressors.

Numerous accusations against Guice​

The first accusation against Guice surfaced in 2016 when he was accused of taking a naked photo of Samantha Brennan, a fellow student, after a night of drinking. The photo was taken without the student’s knowledge, and Guice allegedly shared it with others. Brennan filed a report with the campus police, but declined to press charges. Title IX laws require an investigation of the incident, but Brennan never heard from LSU’s Title IX office.
USA Today reported in August that two other women have accused Guice of raping them at LSU in 2016. LSU has refused to make all of Guice’s police records available to anyone. They will reportedly not allow Brennan to see her own police report until the statute of limitations runs out, nor will they allow one of the women accusing Guice of rape to see her police report or any related documents.

First I'm not surprised. Let's all be honest for a moment. ALL athletes at ALL universities especially those who have an impact with a team are treated like they are above the law because they are making money for the university.

If these allegations are true which I think they may be....LSU is dead wrong for this.

Also...this is another reason why I tell my son not to fraternize with the white girls. These white girls throw themselves at black athletes that they feel are going pro. These black athletes view them as groupies that they can control etc.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
First I'm not surprised. Let's all be honest for a moment. ALL athletes at ALL universities especially those who have an impact with a team are treated like they are above the law because they are making money for the university.

If these allegations are true which I think they may be....LSU is dead wrong for this.

Also...this is another reason why I tell my son not to fraternize with the white girls. These white girls throw themselves at black athletes that they feel are going pro. These black athletes view them as groupies that they can control etc.....

Definitely serious charges involving the Athletes and University along the lines of Lack of Institutional Control!

What likely happened is someone involved, somehow, someway, gets pissed off and starts to talk. Maybe they found out someone go more hush money than them, or just got pissed. I would think this happens in a majority of the cases.

This is nothing new. Anyone Remembers Cecil Collins???? He just pissed off the wrong "daughter of a big booster". And he still went to the pros.

Go to the 21-minute mark ... the reporter that broke it talks to Dan LeBetard

Verge is gonna get gone!

It took black college football players to remove the confederate symbol from the Mississippi flag. Many powerful people have tried for years and failed. The most powerful people in states like Mississippi and Louisiana are BLACK college football players ... they can get away with damn near anything.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It took black college football players to remove the confederate symbol from the Mississippi flag. Many powerful people have tried for years and failed. The most powerful people in states like Mississippi and Louisiana are BLACK college football players ... they can get away with damn near anything.

Damn sure can.....I know a Tech football player who serving time and still going to class, practice, and football games. He would report to the Lincoln Parish Detention Center through the front door and walk right out the side and go back to his dorm. He did this for 90 days.

This would pop up when they go from Sugar to Shit! It’s all about the timing lol
I said the exact same thing. If they were undefeated now, this would not have come out. Now that they're awful and Orgeron may potentially be getting exposed as lackluster, bring these allegations out, and if needed, you can fire him with cause and not owe him the rest of his contract. Simple.

I said the exact same thing. If they were undefeated now, this would not have come out. Now that they're awful and Orgeron may potentially be getting exposed as lackluster, bring these allegations out, and if needed, you can fire him with cause and not owe him the rest of his contract. Simple.

naw. It woulda still came out because no
Louisiana-based media outlet was working on this. No in state media outlet touched this until AFTER USA Today dropped this. USA Today was working on this for months before it came out.

If this is remotely true, heads will have to roll. Art Briles got the ax at Baylor as did Ken Starr.

Though Baylor had success during the Grant Teaff years, Baylor was not as successful in football as LSU.

when you bring them in and coddle them or in some cases get them in over every regular student - you gotta take the good with the bad.

Back