Love at first sight...............and still going strong????

XHALE9802

GRANDEUR...
Does anyone believe in/fell in Love at first sight? just curious because i was just thinkin about how when i first saw this guy(my future husband, lol) it was like my heart stopped, i just had to meet him. this was 5 years ago, and i still feel the same way, no emotion or feeling has changed since i met him. we have never been in an official relationship but we're pretty close. i would like to know about any of yalls situations u consider to be special????

It Does Happen

I fell in love at first sight with a young woman named, well let's call her "Amanda." All Amanda did was smile. I went over and spoke to her and I knew she was the one for. We quickly fell in love. Maybe it was too quick but no one knows how love is measured. One year later I asked her to marry me. A couple of weeks ago Amanda broke it off, part of me feels it was me, the other part of me feels that she wasn't ready. Instead of me thinking that it was her, I place the blame on myself because it was a lot of things that I could have done differently. Through all of this we still communicate and one day I pray that I will be back with her because Amanda is the woman I have always wanted. She's my love at first sight.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: It Does Happen

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
I fell in love at first sight with a young woman named, well let's call her "Amanda." All Amanda did was smile. I went over and spoke to her and I knew she was the one for. We quickly fell in love. Maybe it was too quick but no one knows how love is measured. One year later I asked her to marry me. A couple of weeks ago Amanda broke it off, part of me feels it was me, the other part of me feels that she wasn't ready. Instead of me thinking that it was her, I place the blame on myself because it was a lot of things that I could have done differently. Through all of this we still communicate and one day I pray that I will be back with her because Amanda is the woman I have always wanted. She's my love at first sight.

Would "Amanda" be the one who's pic you posted on the board not to long ago? Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you but if it is meant to be it will be.

Re: Re: It Does Happen

That's her....

Originally posted by short_1

Would "Amanda" be the one who's pic you posted on the board not to long ago? Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you but if it is meant to be it will be.

Re: It Does Happen

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE

The woman in my bed is my wife of 19 years. She is the only girl that I ever dated. I prayed for "one just like her" on the day that I saw her for the first time - freshman year at JSU. She was engaged to her high school sweetheart at the time. She broke it off with him and dated one of my best friends for several months. I used to run interference for her so other girls did not get to him. But their relationship fell apart across the next summer. It was finally my turn. She could not conceive of romance between us. We were the best of friends. I was not even "her type". She was not my type. But, we needed each other and God put us together. I love her more that I even dreamed of back then.

We measure love by is origin - God. If you're not willing to commmit yourselves to Him first and each other second, the bumps in the road of your lives together will have no shock absorber (nice analogy even if I say so). From what I have experienced and seen, He is the essential ingredient in the mix - and still there is work to do.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh people . . .

Ain't no such thing as love at first sight. All y'all experienced was some good old fashioned, grade A, 100%, pure, unadulterated LUST. After meeting them and talking to them, you may have eventually fallen in love with them, but that first emotion you felt wasn't love.

If that person you were supposedly in love with, when you first saw them, had absolutely no interest in you and told you to buzz off, it mighta bothered you for all of 15 seconds before you moved on. When you lose someone you in love with, it'll bother for long time.

Re: Aaaaaaaahhhhh people . . .

Originally posted by Robber
Ain't no such thing as love at first sight. All y'all experienced was some good old fashioned, grade A, 100%, pure, unadulterated LUST. After meeting them and talking to them, you may have eventually fallen in love with them, but that first emotion you felt wasn't love.

If that person you were supposedly in love with, when you first saw them, had absolutely no interest in you and told you to buzz off, it mighta bothered you for all of 15 seconds before you moved on. When you lose someone you in love with, it'll bother for long time.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Re: Re: It Does Happen

Originally posted by dacontinent

The woman in my bed is my wife of 19 years. She is the only girl that I ever dated. I prayed for "one just like her" on the day that I saw her for the first time - freshman year at JSU. She was engaged to her high school sweetheart at the time. She broke it off with him and dated one of my best friends for several months. I used to run interference for her so other girls did not get to him. But their relationship fell apart across the next summer. It was finally my turn. She could not conceive of romance between us. We were the best of friends. I was not even "her type". She was not my type. But, we needed each other and God put us together. I love her more that I even dreamed of back then.

We measure love by is origin - God. If you're not willing to commmit yourselves to Him first and each other second, the bumps in the road of your lives together will have no shock absorber (nice analogy even if I say so). From what I have experienced and seen, He is the essential ingredient in the mix - and still there is work to do.

Congratulations on 19 years!

Uhhh, I believe that LUST <i>can</i> be the start of love. You have to start somewhere. I mean an orange seed is not an orange until it goes thru some things..... ;)

Nah, I almost gave up love so you know love at first sight is pretty hard. Going through some things make you realize that you can never tell a person's heart just from outside features. The one I fall in love with and takes my heart has to be beautiful on the inside. Apples can't be all lovely on the outside but have a rotten arse core. I have put my heart out too many times and that ish don't feel good. But then again, it's just me.:)

well i'm not talkin just about the physical, true enough the first thing u notice is the looks, but it was just something else i felt, something else that pulled me besides his looks. i really can't explain it, but it wasn't lust.

Love is a choice and a process. I did not have a mature love for my wife until I married her and lived with her for a while. I did not lust for her. I saw her for about 2 seconds as she came through a door. The thing that I first loved about her then and still love most about her today was hearing her pray. My physical desire for expressing my love to her is greatest when we are done praying together. There is nothing like it in all the earth. It was attractive then, but it is honestly a turn-on now.

She became one of my best friends and nothing more for about a year before we started seeing each other. For the next 4 months she really did not like me - and it was a real turn-off. It was only after prayer that she finally began to see me for who I was instead of who I was not. Then, her romantic for me love began to mature.

She was my sister until we were married. We dated for 3 years and kept each other at arms length until then. It was not always easy, but it is one of the greatest decisions that we ever made. It is wonderful to be able to testify to our teenagers that it can be done and that they will be rewarded.

Love at first sight...while immature, does happen. What you have to be careful of us how you groom it as it grows.

Re: Re: Aaaaaaaahhhhh people . . .

Love at first sight...while immature, does happen. What you have to be careful of us how you groom it as it grows.

that statement right there, now that's real!!!!

Love is a choice and a process. I did not have a mature love for my wife until I married her and lived with her for a while. I did not lust for her. I saw her for about 2 seconds as she came through a door. The thing that I first loved about her then and still love most about her today was hearing her pray. My physical desire for expressing my love to her is greatest when we are done praying together. There is nothing like it in all the earth. It was attractive then, but it is honestly a turn-on now.

She became one of my best friends and nothing more for about a year before we started seeing each other. For the next 4 months she really did not like me - and it was a real turn-off. It was only after prayer that she finally began to see me for who I was instead of who I was not. Then, her romantic for me love began to mature.

She was my sister until we were married. We dated for 3 years and kept each other at arms length until then. It was not always easy, but it is one of the greatest decisions that we ever made. It is wonderful to be able to testify to our teenagers that it can be done and that they will be rewarded.

Do you have a 1-800 hotline number:D
Honestly, how long did it take for you or both to understand prayer changes things?

It was close to it. But i would say it was more like infatuation at first sight...You know how it gets sometimes.:rolleyes:

I agree.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well me personally, I have almost given up. I thought I had love at first sight once and that landed me in a world of trouble. I was about to go to the Marine Corp cause my girl said she was pregnant with my youngin but 8 days before I was supposed to go take my physical and raise that right hand, I found out that its my homeboys. That tore the L out my heart and since then only 1 other person has had my heart and that fugged me up too. I'm just tired of getting hurt. Now I have that feeling again Dtown Jag is too far away.......*looking for broken heart smilie* We can make something work. :)

Dude, you can rationalize what you felt when you first met your wife, and explain it away in as many ways possible. You still was not in love. It was not immature love. It was not an incubating love. It was no type of love at all. You say it wasn't lust, fine. It wasn't love.

Ain't no such thing as love at first sight.

Santa Claus
Easter Bunny
Great Pumpkin
Love at first sight

Do y'all see a trend in that list???

As they used to say on Lynch Street.. (probably still do)

"IT AINT NO SURCH THANG"

You can feel strong feelings for somebody after seeing them once such as Lust, Infatuation, or Wanting to get to know them better. I do not feel love @ first sight is real at all. I believe people set themselves up to feel that way. Okay tell me this.. If you are in love with this individual @ first sight... what if she doesn't feel the same about you?

I haven't met a woman yet I would take a bullet for after the first meeting....

dacontinent,

This is Love

Im sorry, but I don't believe in the "L" Word.

The problem is, Love is wrong. If Love was what people claimed it to be, then several things would be true...

1. If there was love at first site, why does no-one ever fall in love at first site with a bum or homeless person. Thats because there is no such thing as love at first site, only excessive desire.

2. If Love was what we claimed it to be, people in love would not dump each other for other people.

3. If Love was what we CLAIMED it to be, we would not be so quick to use it as a tool of capture or an excuse to persue.

sorry girls...there is no such thing. HOWEVER, It's one of those things you girls can't live without so good luck. I hope someone truly loves you, or atleast is convinced as such that they make you happy.

Originally posted by DMJ*2000
Im sorry, but I don't believe in the "L" Word.

The problem is, Love is wrong. If Love was what people claimed it to be, then several things would be true...

1. If there was love at first site, why does no-one ever fall in love at first site with a bum or homeless person. Thats because there is no such thing as love at first site, only excessive desire.

2. If Love was what we claimed it to be, people in love would not dump each other for other people.

3. If Love was what we CLAIMED it to be, we would not be so quick to use it as a tool of capture or an excuse to persue.

sorry girls...there is no such thing. HOWEVER, It's one of those things you girls can't live without so good luck. I hope someone truly loves you, or atleast is convinced as such that they make you happy.

My brother,

Love IS NOT what people claim it to be. Love is the essence of the character of God. He never fails!

1. I know of plenty of people who fall in love with and are now married to people who were homeless or just plain bums when they met. It happens all the time. You just have to run in those circles.
  2. People fail.
  3. Most people are shallow and play around with infatuation rather than trying to allow love to grow and mature.
    [/list=1]

Men have been instructed to love their wives...to be the givers in the relationship. Most often the relationships that fail do so because that concept gets out of line first - abused by one of the two parties. Without a proper foundation, love can easily grow cold. The biggest reason that loves fail is that we fail to work at loving. No relationship stays the same; it is either waxing or waning. YOU must decide what you want from it.

Now, how did I get way over there from love at first sight :confused: :confused:

Oh yeah...the part about still going strong:D :p ;)

THE WOMAN I FELL IN LOVE WITH WAS NOT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT BECAUSE I KNEW HER FOR A WHILE BEFORE I REALLY NOTICED HER, BUT WHEN I FINALLY NOTICED HER, I HAD NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT SHE WAS THE ONE FOR ME TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH. BY THE WAY, WE'RE GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEKEND .:) :) :)

Don't know if I believe in it. But there are people you see and you just feel like you have to get to know more about them.

Back