Losing weight: What have you discovered?

Eat several times a day, but smaller portions. Especially on weekdays.

As you get older, the metabolism slows down...:smh:

I'm just glad that I can see my dick again!

:D

:lmao: :smash: :shame: :jump: :eek:

Did you hear about the doctor on Oprah who said you gain inches when you lose weight? I guess if you can SEE it, it looks LONGER! :goof:

Mak, your tips are excellent. I have struggled with my weight for years. I am on WW and I lost 110 pounds but gained 40 pounds this year after my mother's death. I am a stress eater and a grief eater. I also NEVER exercise. I bought the Billy Blanks set of tapes and watched them every night while laying in bed. I only worked up a sweat looking at how fine he is. :splat:

Anyway I went back to WW last Tuesday and have been working the program RIGHT, counting my points and exercising 30 minutes every day. I weighed myself this morning and I have already lost 10 pounds. :jump:

I am going to get this weight off of me this hea year for sho! :wavey:

I've cut down on my whites. I may eat bread 3 times a week vs. daily.
Eating more fruits/veggies. Increasing my water intake.
Doing an exercise routine I enjoy daily.

I eat all the time. I have gained about 5 pounds in the last 10 years. :lol:

Man...you've been the same size since birth! :lol:

Through all the beat downs...ladies loved and hated...band outtings, chasewood neighborhood drink-a-thons and bbq's etc...
U ain't gonna evah change! You need to let us borrow your metabolism.:)

Did you hear about the doctor on Oprah who said you gain inches when you lose weight? I guess if you can SEE it, it looks LONGER!

LOL, I did have this one girl tell me that I had a good sized one to be such a fat bastid....but then again...longer is for some what might not be for another..... but hey, it's not even considered if you are paying half of her bills though. Paying a car note adds about 4 inches to your dick. lol

Mak, your tips are excellent. I have struggled with my weight for years. I am on WW and I lost 110 pounds but gained 40 pounds this year after my mother's death. I am a stress eater and a grief eater. I also NEVER exercise. I bought the Billy Blanks set of tapes and watched them every night while laying in bed. I only worked up a sweat looking at how fine he is. :splat:

I will tell you to do this, which is what a lot of women hate to hear.......

DRINK WATER CONSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the undertaking of going to the bathroom takes more effort for a woman than a man....just do it to purge toxins and other fluids from your body. If your body does not get enough water....it retains it, and you can get bloated as a result. GOD gave the man the advantage in the Peeing department......we can go pretty much anywhere easily....it's infinetly harder for a woman.....I think that's why women don't drink as much water to purge as they should. Plus if you drink a lot of water..you don't get as full off of food you are eating.

Anyway I went back to WW last Tuesday and have been working the program RIGHT, counting my points and exercising 30 minutes every day. I weighed myself this morning and I have already lost 10 pounds. :jump:

Handle yo Binnis!! Set Goals and stick to them!

I am going to get this weight off of me this hea year for sho! :wavey:

DO DA DAYUMM THANG!!!
!

With all the above quoted.......I really enjoy seeing my dick again! LOL

:D

:lol: ^^^
U a fool bruh.....

Ive lost 20lbs. since October.....Starting weight 233.....Now 213lbs...
Just being more active Exercising At least every other day......I am now at a Comfortable weight and I am more focusing on muscle gain and more definition....With Cardio still being important just a little less......

I only eat Chicken, Turkey, and Tuna for Lunch and Dinner...w/ Green veggies only......
All Things WHEAT......
Apples Only........
and A Gallon of Water a DAY......
So far So Good....
By the Summer of 2007 Sexy Will Officially Be BACK...:mrt:
Im going Everywhere With No SHIRT..........Guess I Wont be Able to go to the Local CornerStores anymore.........:lol: Oh Welllll:wavey:

Mak you are a nut.
I totally agree on the water thing. I drink more water and then choose to go to the bathroom that isn't close to my desk. More trips and longer walks add to my excercise for the day. I ease up on the water intake the closer it gets to quitting time because who wants to be stuck in rush hour traffic needing to potty.

Most of you might not know this but your post are very encouraging to brothers like myself. Thanks!

I have discovered that:

1. Push ups hurt my shoulders
2. Rowing hurts my shoulder
3. Texas weather SUCKS! :mad:

Mak you are a nut.
I totally agree on the water thing. I drink more water and then choose to go to the bathroom that isn't close to my desk. More trips and longer walks add to my excercise for the day. I ease up on the water intake the closer it gets to quitting time because who wants to be stuck in rush hour traffic needing to potty.

You can say that again! Girl, I slow down around 2 ish.

I had a part time job at UPS from August 7 to January 10. Every weekday night I had to load boxes into semis. Lost 20 pounds from roughly 210 to 190.

This thread is so totally not for me.

Any tips on gaining weight? I have probably picked up 0.5lbs since graduating from college in 1993. I eat early, late, drink beer, eat fried foods, bread, don't exercise, you name it I do it. Yet I can't gain an ounce. I have an automatic six pack, without any situps. HELP!!

What is working for me is walking on that treadmill at my training zone for at least 30 minutes day for at least three days a week and eating a meal or snack every three hours.

At first, I thought strength training would help, but building muscle does not help you loose bodyfat. Fat and muscle have nothing to do with each other.

So what is my training zone?

Well, I am 30 years old so that means my maximum heart rate is 190 (220 - 30). I try to move on the treadmill between 70% - 85% of my maximum heart rate. In other words, I try to keep my heart running between 133 - 160beats per minute. At this rate, the body is burning 50% fat and your metabolism is up for a long period after this.

I am a big guy so I have a long way to go. Although I still strength train, I have now fired my personal trainer and put most of my focus on cardio. I have since lost 14 lbs using this strategy.

This thread is so totally not for me.

Any tips on gaining weight? I have probably picked up 0.5lbs since graduating from college in 1993. I eat early, late, drink beer, eat fried foods, bread, don't exercise, you name it I do it. Yet I can't gain an ounce. I have an automatic six pack, without any situps. HELP!!

For people with fast metabolisms, don't do any cardio. Eat more quality protein. Slowly increase the amount of weight during strength training. The only way to make your muscles grow is pushing them heavier and harder and increase the amount of calories you consume during the day.

Back