Losing weight: What have you discovered?

First of all... I had to completely change my diet. I used to eat a lot of fried foods, which has usually has high sodium and loaded with carbs. I also cut out drinks (sodas) and started drinking more water. By cutting down on fried foods, drinking water, eating whole grains, lean meats, and exercising, I've gone from about 275 to 220.

I have a long way to go, but at least I see progress. It was hard at first, but once I got a rhythm, it got even easier.

Something else I learned was "substitution". I love spaghetti, but it is LOADED with a bunch of sodium and carbs. For spaghetti, I use lean ground turkey and whole grain pasta. It tastes just as good with a bunch more benefits. Substitute turkey for ham and beef.... and if you have to have beef, have extra lean beef.

Now, if I could just find a subsitution for Krispy Kreme, it would be all good... lol

I've discovered that I can eat as I please, as long as I'm active, and still lose weight.

The thing is finding the time to be as active as I need to be.

I hear ya!!! But when you hit that 40 club.........ISHT HAPPENS. lol!!!

First of all... I had to completely change my diet. I used to eat a lot of fried foods, which has usually has high sodium and loaded with carbs. I also cut out drinks (sodas) and started drinking more water. By cutting down on fried foods, drinking water, eating whole grains, lean meats, and exercising, I've gone from about 275 to 220.

I have a long way to go, but at least I see progress. It was hard at first, but once I got a rhythm, it got even easier.

Something else I learned was "substitution". I love spaghetti, but it is LOADED with a bunch of sodium and carbs. For spaghetti, I use lean ground turkey and whole grain pasta. It tastes just as good with a bunch more benefits. Substitute turkey for ham and beef.... and if you have to have beef, have extra lean beef.

Now, if I could just find a subsitution for Krispy Kreme, it would be all good... lol
I love angel hair pasta and I make my marinara sauce from scratch. Is whole grain pasta actually good?

I'm doing most of this ringt now. I've added fish which I hate but I am liking Talapia and some salmon. I'm also hitting the Y every chance I get and started back swimming last night. I was once 210 and now I'm well let's not get into that but the kid has lost 10 lbs so far so I will keep it up. If I hit a wall then I will change my workout routine. I miss cokes the most the rest of the stuff I can do without. I don't eat many sweets until Thanksgiving anyway. Carmel Cake is my weakness.

That GAWD FORBIDDEN, WRETCHED, VILE, EVIL HOT DONUT SIGN is a hard Demon to defeat isint it Braveman?

..... it's rough... they just opened a Krispy Kreme in Peoria back in December and it's been tough! lol

Good thing it's on the other side of town...

I'm doing most of this ringt now. I've added fish which I hate but I am liking Talapia and some salmon. I'm also hitting the Y every chance I get and started back swimming last night. I was once 210 and now I'm well let's not get into that but the kid has lost 10 lbs so far so I will keep it up. If I hit a wall then I will change my workout routine. I miss cokes the most the rest of the stuff I can do without. I don't eat many sweets until Thanksgiving anyway. Carmel Cake is my weakness.

Good gracious... some of ya'll must be kin to me... I also like a good ole carmel cake.

Back