Lola Mitchell aka "Gangsta Boo" of Three 6 Mafia, RIP

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I don't need to tell you being a Memphis residence and educator of youth in the city how influential her music was to my students whether you liked it or not. Her style of rap for the most part wasn't me, but I still recognized and thought she had nice lyrical skills. I hated to hear this news. Sometimes she was open to the public about her struggles which apparently she succumbed to. Yet, I won't dwell on that. So many were inspired by her. Much respect!

Memphis rapper “Gangsta Boo” found dead, sources confirm – FOX13 News Memphis (fox13memphis.com)

For the record, I actually liked this one....

Gangsta Boo - Where Dem Dollas At - YouTube

Last edited:
She was barely in her 40s

It's sad but at the same time not shocking becauxe they were on that hard stuff. She was found the same way as Scarecrow

A certified legend

I can't lie, I'm sick. I've been a fan of the group since the underground days and before they became an official group; remember her very first songs. She was literally a kid when she started. She developed probably the smoothest flow in the group.

Having said that, I can't be surprised though. If there was ever a group that did the drugs they rapped about, it was them. I'm glad she was able to perform in the Verzuz against BONE. Rumor is that she got a hold to something laced with fentanyl, which authorities have said that there's a lot of laced drugs going around. Hopefully these young people will wake up. If you insist on doing anything, get weed from a dispensary. Nothing else.

Last edited:
Back