List of Partying Colleges/Universities

blue72

- Kenn,or anyone who can help. I'm looking for the name of the yearly publication that list's the partying schools and universities. I remember seeing a list in the past year, and I thought US News and World Report was the source. There were no HBCU's listed, which was great. I'm constantly fighting this issue with kids, their parents and guidance councillors. The kids have been told that all the HBCU's do is party, and you get no education.
- Looking for a little help?

Just an excuse

I heard the same crap when I chose to go to Alabama A&M - "that ain't nothing but a party school". But then many of my high school friends (black & white) raved about going to "T-Town", the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa). I seem to remember in one of the last 2 years or so, UAT was listed as one of the TOP PARTY SCHOOLS IN THE NATION!! Of course, A&M was nowhere on that list. There is more binge drinking, more rape & crime, more dropouts on those campuses than HBCUs would ever see, and yet HBCUs get the bad rep. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but that's why WE (current students & alumni) must encourage & build positive images of our schools so future prospects won't go off half-cocked with the wrong ideas.

Just my two cents ;)

And I for one can dispute that myth about our schools don't educate...

.....that's a bunch of crap. I received a very good education at SU and it sure as hell wasn't easy. If you apply yourself you will excel and SUcceed.

Well, well, well.....I didn't see narry a SWAC school listed.

I agree with you Dtown Jag. I too recived a very good education at SU. I also was told the same thing about SU before I graduated from high school as well. But what's interesting to me is that our wonderful:rolleyes:, well loved by the state of Louisiana:rolleyes:, favorite school in Baton Rouge....Louisiana State University is #2 on the list!!! And they call SU a party school? Heck, they have more problems with binge drinking and all that other stuff than The Southern University will ever have.

**walking out shaking my head**

That I also agree on. Its seems as if they're trying to keep us away from our HBCU's so that we can go there and get us in trouble. Take schools like Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Southern Miss: schools with stricter guidelines and more mishaps occur more than at Valley, Jackson St. And Alcorn. I know Valley isn't the best place to get an education, but its an education. If I don't get it now, I'll never get it at all.

Don't EVA doubt your education!

evilken, I feel ya - get your education! And though other people may think where you are isn't the best place for an education, an education is what YOU make of it.

I've known half-witted dropouts from Harvard! And some of the smartest people I know graduated from Alabama A&M University. OK, I'm gloating a lil :lol: Point is - if you work for the best education you can get, that's what you'll get!! Whether it's @ Valley, A&M or anywhere else. Keep the faith!

Love yourself!!!

Originally posted by evilken21
I know Valley isn't the best place to get an education, but its an education.

If you feel that Valley is not the best place, then you do what you can to make it be! Our HBCUs are extensions of our experience in this country and are institutions that we all should be very proud of and uplift as often as we can! The majority of the "great schools" in the North and South were built either by slaves or with slave money, but they nor their descendants, until RECENTLY, were not allowed to attend or made to feel they were not wanted!
But our HBCUs bear witness to the pride and determination of our people to press on regardless of present situations and to be the best we can be.

Party schools

UAPB had that reputation as a party school and that you will not get a good education. That's a reputation all HCBU'S have but we all know different!

Evilken21 from Valley, love your school man! As a 16 year corporate veteran, I know from working in business, that the first mistake you make, they will ask, what school did you graduate from?

party people....

I hear that too. But that's where people make the mistake when they say that the school is a party school. They should just call it a school with lots of "party people." The top academic ranked schools in the country such as:
Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Texas A&M, ect.......
They party the hardest and get their work done...which is all that matters.

I feel y'alls repsonses to my post!

Now as far as outside of class is concerned. me and my boys try to do anything to avoid the layout. To all Greeks, men and women alike, please do not take offense to what I'm about to say here on this thread.
Now at MVSU. almost everything if not as far as Student Government elections, social events and other non-extracurricular things are concerned are in favor of the Greeks on our yard. I mean, its cool and all, but sometimes I don't really feel it. It's like an iron fisted rule or something about social events that occur on our campus. Take the recent BET Black College Tour for instance. They did come to our campus, but it was all Greek influenced. And it looked to me that those who were pretending to enjoy themselves really weren't. Another case was our recent student elections. The headquarter location was at our student union, and as usual, the support competition was high. Now for the record, I'm not the most popular guy at Valley, nor never had that title in my life, but for some reason, and I'm sure most of you have seen this before, the women who were running for positions such as Miss Valley, or Miss Senior Class was looking for a brother like me, who they rarely speak to, much less wave, to vote for them. Now on that day, I was heading to our Subway. One girl who I knew back in high school and who recently just crossed over for Delta gave me a flyer to support and vote for her sister sorror. Living up to my Krazy Ken nameplate, I took the flyer, rolled it up into a ball and chewed on it in front of them. I know that's sounds immature and all, but this is what I call retribution towards that girl for the arguments we had in the past and how she tried to put me down. That same day, a girl who we call "Two Tall" was campaigning for her role as Ms Senior class. Now we're cool, but she rarely spoke to me, that is until that day when she was looking for votes and her assumption of me was that she was going to get my vote. When she asked me if I voted for her (looking all tempting with her attire and all) I told her that I was communist, and I didn't believe in the Democratic system of elections. After saying that, she gave me a funny look. I didn't vote for anyone because to me that was no election. It was just a fashion show. Every time I was asked to vote for someone, I just gave them that exact excuse. Sure, I could have told them no, but I wanted to go about the situation my own way. Now a shining star for this is the crunkness of the yard after big home games. Take the recent JSU visit. After the game, it turned into Beale St. in Memphis, nothing but an impromptu car show that I really enjoyed. Now my education is important to me. Getting priorities done first is something I haven't really put forth an effort to, but this after a dream I had one night about seeing my dreams of becoming a top real estate agent in my future home in Canada, and how I wanted to teach my future sons and daughters about life, and most importantly to become the first member of my family to get a college degree, it is crystal clear that I have to get it together this upcoming year.

Your college experience is just a small part of what you will encounter in the workforce. The politcal machines are still alive and well and if you're not a democrat or republican, you're mostly left out in the cold. The goal is to make the people in power responsible to you and to let them know that you you will vote them out if they don't perform. Always vote!

Organization is prudent.

Well, I have been using aspercreme lately.

Originally posted by TXBOY@VALLEY

WELL THIS ONE WAS SHORTER.....FINGERS PROBABLY GAVE OUT...:D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by sweetnupe_6
I agree with you Dtown Jag. I too recived a very good education at SU. I also was told the same thing about SU before I graduated from high school as well. But what's interesting to me is that our wonderful:rolleyes:, well loved by the state of Louisiana:rolleyes:, favorite school in Baton Rouge....Louisiana State University is #2 on the list!!! And they call SU a party school? Heck, they have more problems with binge drinking and all that other stuff than The Southern University will ever have.

**walking out shaking my head**

Now I take it you hear about tulane as well too. Everyone in New Orleans talks about tulane as being one of the best schools in the nation. Most of the the students do better and stay in school longer at HBCU's rather than that school. In many cases the teachers just don't give a fugg. I know, I crossed enrolled at tulane in fall 01 and It was rediculous.:rolleyes:

But going back to SU vs LSU, I just don't know but that mess is rediculous

HBCU's on probation?

i would like to know if there have been any HBCU's that were or are on probation? If you can't name any, then the HBCU is probably underappreciated, since school that are appreciated are also on probation at times, expecially the SEC schools, as you know.:confused: :idea:

Back